PDA

View Full Version : Historical Question RE a Lansing Sound D131

Steve M.
11-12-2017, 01:49 PM
Hi folks,

I have a very early Lansing Sound, 16-ohm D131 driver and am trying to determine when it was manufactured. I am attaching a jpeg of the label on the frame for your examination.

From reading the history of Lansing on this web site, the Los Angeles manufacturing facility was in operation between 1946 and 1948 (when it was moved to Van Nuys). Since the sticker on the frame says Los Angeles, I am assuming it was made during that period. Am I misreading anything?

The back of the magnet has no sticker on it, especially no "Signature Series" sticker.

Thanks,
Steve

Horn Fanatic
11-12-2017, 08:19 PM
Hi folks,

I have a very early Lansing Sound, 16-ohm D131 driver and am trying to determine when it was manufactured. I am attaching a jpeg of the label on the frame for your examination.

From reading the history of Lansing on this web site, the Los Angeles manufacturing facility was in operation between 1946 and 1948 (when it was moved to Van Nuys). Since the sticker on the frame says Los Angeles, I am assuming it was made during that period. Am I misreading anything?

The back of the magnet has no sticker on it, especially no "Signature Series" sticker.

Thanks,
Steve

Does your D131 have a rear vent hole?

Steve M.
11-13-2017, 03:16 AM
Does your D131 have a rear vent hole?

Yes, it does have a rear vent hole...with a screen over it. It also has "Jim Lansing" written in decorative script on one of the other arms of the basket.