PDA

View Full Version : Onken for Altec Lansing 601C

Aro
10-31-2017, 01:19 AM
Hi everybody.
I wish to share with you my project. I build petite Onken Box for Altec Lansing 601C with original crossover N-3000
I've build first one already.

gdmoore28
11-01-2017, 12:38 PM
Welcome to the site, Aro!

And thanks for sharing your Onken build. Where in the world did you manage to find two 601Cs with the tweeters still functioning? Looks like you are doing some very nice work.

GeeDeeEmm

Aro
11-03-2017, 12:39 AM
Welcome to the site, Aro!

And thanks for sharing your Onken build. Where in the world did you manage to find two 601Cs with the tweeters still functioning? Looks like you are doing some very nice work.

GeeDeeEmm

Thanks. I was kin on Altec speakers for a while and wanted it my ego wanted bigger 604 but the prices were to high. I found these on US eBay for £600. When they turned up I found one cone was broken what u can see on pic. I've got special glue and repaired then. I haven't play them in Onken yet. Hopefully can finish second and then games starts...

gdmoore28
11-03-2017, 07:18 AM
Keep us updated with your progress. For a long time now I've wanted to find a pair of 601/602 with the tweeters already gone and try to find a way to adapt a modern horn driver to them. Just for the fun of it. I found a thread wherein a quite handy fellow managed to adapt a soft cone tweeter to his blown 3000, but I think it was a little disappointing because of the gap in efficiency between the two.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing more of your project.

GeeDeeEmm

Mr. Widget
11-04-2017, 02:28 PM
Keep us updated with your progress... looking forward to seeing more of your project.

Yes!

Widget