PDA

View Full Version : Help needed:identify a diaphragm marked #500818. From hammertone 802d.

jamesbythebay
09-21-2017, 04:17 PM
78369Hi all,

New guy here.

I just received an Altec 802d 16 ohm in the mail from a nice Craigslist seller down in AZ. The diaphragm is not original. It measures 8.46 ohms, and stamped on the underside of the mounting ring, in similar fashion to the other Altec and GPA diaphragms mounted in Altec drivers in my possession, is the number 500818, which I do not recognize. Do any of you guys recognize this diaphragm, either as an OEM Altec or specific aftermarket manufacturer?

Is there a resource that has the various diaphragm part numbers for the various drivers? My understanding is that there really are only several different diaphragms offered across its various horn drivers over the decades.

Btw, one of the mounting studs was bent during shipping. Sigh. The packing was less than optimal. I haven't measured it yet, but it appears to be a 1/4-20. Can I just remove it by turning it counter-clockwise, and screw in another?

Cheers,
james

script56
09-23-2017, 06:04 AM
Looks originl to me. Probably very early 802d that used diaphragm usually found in c & b versions

elitopus1
10-03-2017, 08:46 PM
Looks original to me also