PDA

View Full Version : 2441 rebuild

jake
08-05-2017, 01:15 PM
I have 2 jbl 2441 compression drivers that need to be remagnitized but don't know where to turn! both drivers are disassembled so I can install new throats that damaged when they were sent to me.my main question is do the drivers have to be fully assembled, including diaphragms, to be remagnitized? Bill at GPA wasn't much help when I talked a few weeks back, he mentioned about diaphragm gap etc, but that was about it! Maybe I didn't ask the right questions. I'm still searching for places to recharge them, but I'm not done yet. I'm up here in mich just outside Detroit if theres someplace within driving distance would be great! any help is appreciated jake

Mannermusic
08-05-2017, 04:55 PM
I have 2 jbl 2441 compression drivers that need to be remagnitized but don't know where to turn! both drivers are disassembled so I can install new throats that damaged when they were sent to me.my main question is do the drivers have to be fully assembled, including diaphragms, to be remagnitized? Bill at GPA wasn't much help when I talked a few weeks back, he mentioned about diaphragm gap etc, but that was about it! Maybe I didn't ask the right questions. I'm still searching for places to recharge them, but I'm not done yet. I'm up here in mich just outside Detroit if theres someplace within driving distance would be great! any help is appreciated jake

Call Signature Audio Service in Wixom, JBL dealer. They can tell you best bet. May even have the gear.

1audiohack
08-06-2017, 08:13 AM
Hi All;

I have a broken throat 2440 that I am going to take apart for repair and will need to get it re magged as well. I hope Orange County still does it out here in the West.

SA / AFP in Wixom does not have re mag equipment. :( He probably knows where to send it in your side of the country though.

Side note, Jeff who owns AFP is one of my very best friends. His group of guys are great as well. Like attracts like.

Barry.

Mannermusic
08-06-2017, 09:07 AM
Hi All;

I have a broken throat 2440 that I am going to take apart for repair and will need to get it re magged as well. I hope Orange County still does it out here in the West.

SA / AFP in Wixom does not have re mag equipment. :( He probably knows where to send it in your side of the country though.

Side note, Jeff who owns AFP is one of my very best friends. His group of guys are great as well. Like attracts like.

Barry.

Yes. I'm hoping Jeff has the answer - he surely has bailed me out more than once. Did Jeff buy out Sam? MM

1audiohack
08-06-2017, 09:56 AM
... Did Jeff buy out Sam? MM

A careful answer is, pretty much yes. Jeffs been AFP for a very long time, Sam came and went.

I am only aquatinted with Sam and I don't know what he's up to now. A likable guy and I hope he is happy and well.

Barry.