PDA

View Full Version : Everest 66000 / 67000

Brian DK
08-05-2017, 12:39 PM
I was at the high end messe in Munich this May.
And I was lucky to listen to the K2 s99000 for a short while.
I have owned the older s9800.
The biggest difference from the short listen, is the bass.
The bass is much more powerfull, not deaper, but more powerfull ind the sound.

Then I am wondering..
I now own the Everest DD66000, and I am very pleased with my upgrade from K2.
But is the difference on the Everest DD66000 and the DD67000 the same?
I mean more powerfull bass?
I know it's not deaper, and that is fine by me - they go deep enough for me 😄

If that is the case, I for sure want to get my hands on a upgrade kit somehow 😃😃

jpw retired
08-07-2017, 02:59 PM
I had the DD66000 and upgraded to the DD67000. What I noticed most were two things. The DD67 had been re-tuned or re-voiced for lower coloration and a more natural and accurate octave to octave tonal balance. This was most noticeable in the bass region where the DD66 could sometimes sound a bit thick and even boxy. The bass is also cleaner and better defined, hitting a little harder, and is less soft in it's attack than the DD66. Bass extension is about the same. The extreme high frequency response also was improved in smoothness. The DD66 had a peak at around 16khz that could be audible under specific circumstances. The DD67 is also slightly less forward and more relaxed in it's overall balance. Hope this helps.

Brian DK
08-08-2017, 09:59 AM
I had the DD66000 and upgraded to the DD67000. What I noticed most were two things. The DD67 had been re-tuned or re-voiced for lower coloration and a more natural and accurate octave to octave tonal balance. This was most noticeable in the bass region where the DD66 could sometimes sound a bit thick and even boxy. The bass is also cleaner and better defined, hitting a little harder, and is less soft in it's attack than the DD66. Bass extension is about the same. The extreme high frequency response also was improved in smoothness. The DD66 had a peak at around 16khz that could be audible under specific circumstances. The DD67 is also slightly less forward and more relaxed in it's overall balance. Hope this helps.

Very much Indeed.
thank's a lot. 👍👍

aircanada
01-17-2019, 01:23 PM
Hi Brian,

What are your experiences with owning the DD67000 for a while? I see you are upgrading the drivers..

I am contemplating on whether to buy a pair of 66 or 67`s, problem is that they are scarce as hen`s teeth where I live, and getting a
chance to listen to them or A/B-test is nearly impossible.

Mr. Widget
01-17-2019, 09:37 PM
I'm sure that hearing either version of the E2 speakers is rather difficult in most corners of the known universe. I have been one of the fortunate few to have the opportunity to live with these speakers for an extended period and like JPW I also managed to gather the bits needed for the upgrade from the DD66000 to the DD67000 and will second his comments.

Cruising the interweb there are a number of highly discounted Everest DD67000 speakers on the secondhand market. Shipping is likely a killer though.

If you can locate a pair at terms you can manage and you have the space for these formidable speakers I highly recommend them.

Widget

aircanada
01-24-2019, 04:19 PM
Widget,

Your comments are highly appreciated.
I will look for a good deal on 67`s while I try to get the opportunity to listen to some other options in the mean time.

And yes, shipping across the Atlantic is gonna cost quite a bit!