PDA

View Full Version : JBL Studio 590

Grizzog
07-20-2017, 10:04 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm a new forum member here, but am active on a number of others.

I own a pair of Altec Model 19s, and they really got me hooked on the Lansing sound.

After going through many different speaker brands/models, I heard about the JBL Studio 590 and decided to take a look.

Researching the speakers, I saw Greg Timbers (@gtimbers) was involved with the design and I became very interested. Long story short, I decided to give them a try. The 590s are very impressive and I'm amazed at what they do differently/better than a lot of other speakers. They have displaced a pair of speakers I never thought would move from their location.

Recently I saw the posts about Greg and other top engineers at JBL being removed from the company. I'm shocked and saddened that more and more companies are after the short-term bottom line. It's a disgrace and a very poor decision for JBL/Harman.

Having heard the 590s, I wish I could try some of Greg's upper-level designs to see just how amazing they really are especially now that those will be the last true JBL designs.

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and say thank you to Greg for a great pair of speakers!

srm51555
07-20-2017, 10:56 AM
Welcome to the forum.

Earl K
07-20-2017, 12:49 PM
Nice Post Grizzog,

And yes, welcome to LHF.

I'm sure that G.T. would be pleased to hear about your satisfaction with this model.

You ( seemed to ) infer that the 590's replaced the M19's. Was that the case ?

:)

Grizzog
07-20-2017, 04:27 PM
Nice Post Grizzog,

And yes, welcome to LHF.

I'm sure that G.T. would be pleased to hear about your satisfaction with this model.

You ( seemed to ) infer that the 590's replaced the M19's. Was that the case ?

Well...nothing will replace the 19s. :D

The 590s replaced a set of Klipsch Chorus II.

LowPhreak
07-22-2017, 02:21 AM
The Forte and Chorus were made for loud & boomy. That was my take the last I heard them and never liked them. The 590s are a different animal than that.

Earl K
07-22-2017, 03:49 PM
Well...nothing will replace the 19s. :D

The 590s replaced a set of Klipsch Chorus II.

Thanks Grizzog!

bubbleboy76
07-24-2017, 06:14 AM
Having heard the 590s, I wish I could try some of Greg's upper-level designs to see just how amazing they really are especially now that those will be the last true JBL designs.

You are in for a treat :)