PDA

View Full Version : LE15A's at 9.95 and 9.55 ohms

sidney8151
07-19-2017, 08:25 PM
Is that the proper reading for the resistance (the reading was taken with the signal leads detached)? I had them out to do the brake fluid treatment, so I figured I might as well check the resistance for compliance. These are from my new (to me) Apollo c51 s7 speakers. By the way, I looked through all the available product catalogs circa '71 and found that the Apollo was titled s51 in both the 1967 and 1970 catalogs, and a no show in the 1973 catalog, but in the 1969 catalog it was titled the c51. Aahh 1969, a very good year for speakers, machine gun fighting and crooked politicians. In retrospect the politicians from that era seem honest, the war was hell, not like the dalliances with micro-countries we've had lately, but the speakers, ...aah h, nice.

These babies are sounding better every day. Doing the brake fluid now, so I don't crack 'em. Will try and do a measurement of the Fs after the brake fluid works it's way in after a week or so of listening.

sidney in AZ

speakerdave
07-19-2017, 09:38 PM
Is that the proper reading for the resistance (the reading was taken with the signal leads detached)? I had them out to do the brake fluid treatment, so I figured I might as well check the resistance for compliance. These are from my new (to me) Apollo c51 s7 speakers. By the way, I looked through all the available product catalogs circa '71 and found that the Apollo was titled s51 in both the 1967 and 1970 catalogs, and a no show in the 1973 catalog, but in the 1969 catalog it was titled the c51. Aahh 1969, a very good year for speakers, machine gun fighting and crooked politicians. In retrospect the politicians from that era seem honest, the war was hell, not like the dalliances with micro-countries we've had lately, but the speakers, ...aah h, nice.

These babies are sounding better every day. Doing the brake fluid now, so I don't crack 'em. Will try and do a measurement of the Fs after the brake fluid works it's way in after a week or so of listening.

sidney in AZ

Those are good DCR numbers for nominal 16 ohm woofers.

sidney8151
07-22-2017, 04:57 PM
Thank you speakerdave, that's good news.

sidney, with new Apollo s7