PDA

View Full Version : Jensen PM-15A Auditorium woofer

roads31
07-15-2017, 02:34 PM
Hello everyone,

I've been away from the audio world for over a year now since I've sold most my collection and have been on the road. I'm seeking some knowledge on a Jensen PLM-15A Auditorium woofer that I came across at a non-profit I volunteer at. It's my first day there and they've not had anyone to council on such things, thus the condition. From what I gather it's a fairly rare woofer, question is; how desirable is it needing a full re-cone. Any Jensen aficionado's out there?

Thanks,
Gary

Dave M
07-18-2017, 09:37 AM
Hello everyone,

I've been away from the audio world for over a year now since I've sold most my collection and have been on the road. I'm seeking some knowledge on a Jensen PLM-15A Auditorium woofer that I came across at a non-profit I volunteer at. It's my first day there and they've not had anyone to council on such things, thus the condition. From what I gather it's a fairly rare woofer, question is; how desirable is it needing a full re-cone. Any Jensen aficionado's out there?

Thanks,
Gary

I have a pair of P15LL, and they do sound wonderful. Vintage Jensens are underrated, for sure. No idea about this particular model, but it looks like a pro model. Western Electric guys might know about it better.