PDA

View Full Version : Need To Identify A Pair of Small "Minigon ish" Speakers ?

OldNBroken
07-08-2017, 05:10 PM
77506775077750477505These speakers, which I hope to be able to post pictures of, are well made. When laid on there side they are 9 & 1/8 inches long, 5 & 3/8 inches tall and 4 & 1/2 inches deep. They appear to have many years of dust and dirt on them but are cleaning up wonderfully. I've been playing them all day and they sound like any old 4 inch alnico full range speaker of their time. The main "bones of these speakers, the baffle and places to attach the rest of the wood, is a one piece stamped metal piece of varying angles. They are a mirror pair and are marked left and right. There are markings on the speakers but I cant see much because of some greenish yellow coating on them??? I'll see more if I have to take them apart. The speakers are not bolted to the baffle board, bur have a machine punched tab that is bent to secure the speaker. Unusual at least. I tried to add pictures but I think I have failed. Any help or explanation on how to do this will be greatly appreciated.

Earl K
07-08-2017, 05:58 PM
You should spend a couple hours researching Cadmium Poisoning (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cadmium_poisoning) and then ( once your personal precautions are in-place ) decide on the very best way to dispose of those .

:)

OldNBroken
07-08-2017, 06:18 PM
You should spend a couple hours researching Cadmium Poisoning (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cadmium_poisoning) and then ( once your personal precautions are in-place ) decide on the very best way to dispose of those .

:)
I opened up the back and said to myself that doesn't look right. I'd never seen that particular color or texture before. After reading 5 minutes about cadmium poisoning, I've turned them off, placed the back on and double bagged them! I will find out how to dispose of these in a safe and secure way, You may have saved me some sickness I want no part of. Oh, did I say thank you. Thank You, Sir