PDA

View Full Version : My Water Damaged L212s

bladlad
03-22-2017, 09:07 AM
I am the original owner of a pair of L212's including the ultrabase, recently I moved them to my garage during some construction inside and wouldn't ya know when they were in the garage my water heater leaked water and it went directly to the bottom of my towers and they soaked it up like a sponge and expanded to pop the veneer and cause a separation in major parts of the bottom of the lower pedestal's. Well now I need to rebuild the lower pedestal's and it is become a challenge to find someone to make new ones, if I want them to be exactly the same as the original ones. While I'm down I am having them re-foamed which is just the two base speakers in the towers and the 12inch in the Sub. Also having my Sub amp gone through during this time. So make sure you don't get water on the bottom of the pedestal's

bladlad
03-29-2017, 10:35 AM
Here are a few images of the water damage, I found out that the company doing the repair on the speakers can also do the repair on the pedestal bases so I am happy as they have done work on L212's before and have experience with them. The L212's were purchased from Sensous Sound Systems in Tampa and this company had done off site repair for them. I even saw a pair of 212's in their shop once quite a while ago. The company is Speaker Exchange in Tampa. So now I'm happy again to get them back in as new condition.

svollmer
03-30-2017, 03:42 AM
Thanks for posting; please keep us updated. There are some members including hjames who have 212's and are probably most interested.

Good luck!

srm51555
03-30-2017, 05:19 AM
Welcome to the forum. They look to be in good shape otherwise, keep us posted on your progress.

emilime75
03-31-2017, 06:46 PM
SpeakerEx is a reputable company who deals with many things JBL. I've ordered parts from them before and have one currently in transit from them, but I didn't know they do any type of wood/cabinet repair. Please update the thread with results and photos as it could serve as a valuable resource to others needing this type of repair.