PDA

View Full Version : 4312b crossover used in l100

sounddog
03-06-2017, 01:46 PM
hello, I am a newbie, I need some help regarding using a 4312b crossover in l100 ?. that the 1st question, 2nd, I have a pair of l88p's,rather then search for l100 crsovs, could I take the l88p crsovs add a 8 uf for mids to convert to l100 crsovs, and how do I go about doing this, thanks, and yes I know a little knowledge is dangerous that why I ask, I don't have enough.

Flodstroem
03-06-2017, 03:00 PM
N100 and N88 seems to be identical to each other e.i. at least with component values, two capacitors (8 and 3 uF including two L-pads of 8 ohms). ;)

4312B seems to have a 10 uF MF capacitor (C1) which must be swap for an 8 uF capacitor. Also the 4312Bś 0.2 mH (HF) coil (L1) must be disconnected from the circuits. But this is only my guessing though I havnt sees the crossovers :blink:

My two cents :D

Btw, welcome to the LH Forum :)

sounddog
03-06-2017, 04:10 PM
hello, I am a newbie, I need some help regarding using a 4312b crossover in l100 ?. that the 1st question, 2nd, I have a pair of l88p's,rather then search for l100 crsovs, could I take the l88p crsovs add a 8 uf for mids to convert to l100 crsovs, and how do I go about doing this, thanks, and yes I know a little knowledge is dangerous that why I ask, I don't have enough. thanks for the welcome & info, will use the l88p crsovr, with added caps for mid range, however I noticed the m12 expander kit was an outboard crsovr with no mid controls, should I add them, or omit, thanks

Flodstroem
03-06-2017, 04:56 PM
thanks for the welcome & info, will use the l88p crsovr, with added caps for mid range, however I noticed the m12 expander kit was an outboard crsovr with no mid controls, should I add them, or omit, thanks

I didnt realize that it was an expander kit. :blink:
It depends on how much effort you want to put in to this build/project
But I recommend you to purchase, or if already have one to use the L-pad so you could trim the MF level in the case of any unbalanced levels to the LF/HF ;)

sounddog
03-06-2017, 07:06 PM
I didnt realize that it was an expander kit. :blink:
It depends on how much effort you want to put in to this build/project
But I recommend you to purchase, or if already have one to use the L-pad so you could trim the MF level in the case of any unbalanced levels to the LF/HF ;)
thanks again, I was reading that on the l88p had wiring already running to mid can enclose, I took cover plate off and sure enough, wired. my question now would be mimic the m12 kit by doing what jbl did with kit just a 8.uf cap inside a box,? but I would add the L pad to board, in there ad for the l88p, you can exp kit in a matter of minutes, without fooling with any thing but screwing the le 5 in.. I don't mind outside box, would like know what was in that box they produced, thanks again for your knowledge.

Flodstroem
03-07-2017, 04:29 AM
Well, I cant answer your last question regarding what was in the box though I have never seen a one :blink: Sorry.
But there must be a lot of members here in the forum that has experience with a box like that I presume :)