PDA

View Full Version : 1972 L100 Crossover Upgrades

ktarver
03-06-2017, 10:58 AM
I'm in the process of restoring my L100 I purchased new in 1972 and wondered if someone knew of a good network that I can either purchase or build. I'm have upgraded LE5's and can get my hands on some 104h's. Also, newer LE25-2's. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I love my L100's but they need help in crossover area. The stock ones are really crude and inefficient (2 old caps and a couple of pots).

Tony Sullivan
05-03-2017, 01:56 PM
I'm in the process of restoring my L100 I purchased new in 1972 and wondered if someone knew of a good network that I can either purchase or build. I'm have upgraded LE5's and can get my hands on some 104h's. Also, newer LE25-2's. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I love my L100's but they need help in crossover area. The stock ones are really crude and inefficient (2 old caps and a couple of pots).
There are at least 100 threads-arguments-flame wars-fights here on the subject
Google will net you another 100
If you REALLY love your L100s then replace the caps and by pass them, clean the pots and refresh all the old solder joints and be done with it
Fresh caps will really make a difference
If in fact you do not REALLY love the L100 sound then this guy might be able to help
http://www.troelsgravesen.dk/JBL_L100.htm
I'd just freshen them up and enjoy them as they were designed
Truly a Classic

Tony Sullivan
05-03-2017, 01:59 PM
You also failed to say which L100 you own?

This thread is in the wrong place, unless it is an electronic, as in active, crossover solution you are seeking
If so then disregard my previous post