PDA

View Full Version : JBL L100t Factory Speaker Stand Specs

todddesignr
02-27-2017, 11:47 AM
Hello All,

I've been fortunate enough to find a beautiful pair of JBL L100t speakers here locally in Utah. Since purchase, the 2214H drivers have been professionally re-foamed, the crossovers have been expertly upgraded to T-3+ specs by Lansing Heritage's own duaneage, and the 035 tweeter foam refurb'd by Bruce Kauffman. Also included in the sale were an original set of JBL metal-frame speaker stands, that I understand are somewhat rare. I thought I'd offer some illustrations and measurements to the community in case someone wanted to recreate them. The only exception in the measurements would be the 4 plastic end caps (each stand) that protrude a 1/4" from the rear of the stands; the measurements are for the metal only. The raw materials should be able to be sourced through a place like Summit Racing or a local fabrication shop. -Todd

badman
02-27-2017, 12:51 PM
Hello All,

I've been fortunate enough to find a beautiful pair of JBL L100t speakers here locally in Utah. Since purchase, the 2214H drivers have been professionally re-foamed, the crossovers have been expertly upgraded to T-3+ specs by Lansing Heritage's own duaneage, and the 035 tweeter foam refurb'd by Bruce Kauffman. Also included in the sale were an original set of JBL metal-frame speaker stands, that I understand are somewhat rare. I thought I'd offer some illustrations and measurements to the community in case someone wanted to recreate them. The only exception in the measurements would be the 4 plastic end caps (each stand) that protrude a 1/4" from the rear of the stands; the measurements are for the metal only. The raw materials should be able to be sourced through a place like Summit Racing or a local fabrication shop. -Todd

That's very helpful for some specific people- thanks for posting it, that kind of info is what makes this site so great.

srm51555
02-27-2017, 01:55 PM
Great first post, welcome!

BMWCCA
02-27-2017, 10:41 PM
So, how do you like them?
Are they your introduction to JBLs?

Welcome.

todddesignr
02-28-2017, 12:47 PM
Thank all of you for the warm welcome. Yes, I am new to the JBL world and up to this point, I've had Klipsch Kg4s and Heresys, RSL Elans, and lastly a pair of Snell CIIIs in and out of my primary setup. I've recently been looking for a pair of Altec 19s, but as soon as I would get a bead on a pair, they sold quickly or the seller wanted a premium for them.

As mentioned, as friend offered to sell me the L100ts, so I decided to pull the trigger, as I'd read their praises from fellow Heritage members. To that, I couldn't be happier, especially after the modifications.

For the price point, WAF, and pure listening enjoyment,they (as many have said) are one of the best bargains in vintage audio. They’re part of my main system, and marry really well with the Yamaha gear; I don’t see them going anywhere for some time, if ever.

JBL L100t/Yamaha T-85/ Yamaha C-80/ (2) PC2002Ms (mono)

Uncle Choppy
07-10-2017, 07:25 PM
"I've been fortunate enough to find a beautiful pair of JBL L100t speakers here locally in Utah. Since purchase, the 2214H drivers have been professionally re-foamed, the crossovers have been expertly upgraded to T-3+ specs by Lansing Heritage's own duaneage, and the 035 tweeter foam refurb'd by Bruce Kauffman."

Greetings. I recently purchased a pair of JBL L100T loudspeakers, too. The woofs were professionally refoamed just prior to my purchase. Other than that, no updates or modifications. Unfortunately, I still have not found the magic in these speakers - only a glimpse here and there. The bass is strong and well integrated, but the upper midrange and low treble are harsh. I have tried the usual "fixes" of separating, toeing, tilting, elevating, moving into the room, moving closer to the back wall, etc., but still the magic is elusive. If you have a good grasp of the sound pre and post T3+ upgrade, could you offer a comparison which might shed a little light on my predicament? Best wishes.

BMWCCA
07-11-2017, 05:26 AM
If you have a good grasp of the sound pre and post T3+ upgrade, could you offer a comparison which might shed a little light on my predicament? Best wishes.I've done the T3 mod to two pairs of L80Ts as well as Gordon W's suggestion for lengthening the port tube about 1.5" and stuffing another several inches of insulation in the top. I still find those rather ho-hum. Certainly nothing compared to my beloved L96s.

It often depends on what you normally listen to or what your ears have gotten used to. You may need to play them for some time and then go back to your main speakers and see if your ears have adjusted. For me, the T3 mods were similar to draping a thin wash-cloth over the hyper 035Ti. Some think just tissue over the tweeter stops enough of the sizzle. And much of that depends on your program source—sh*t in, sh*t out. That's why the more "gentle" 044 in the L96 is likely more forgiving.

What are your primary speakers now?

Uncle Choppy
07-13-2017, 08:52 AM
Please disregard my previous post. Problem solved. Failing midrange speaker. Best wishes. -uc

Uncle Choppy
07-13-2017, 08:58 AM
Greetings Mr. BMWCCA. Thanks for your input. My current speakers are the L100T, Klipsch Heresy and Polk SDA Compact, all in separate systems. And believe it or not, I really enjoy all of them! Will like the L100T speakers even more when the failing mid is replaced. Thanks for asking. Best wishes. -uc

gsb001
07-25-2017, 02:44 PM
Great post - Thank you.
I don't think I've seen a pair of these before. I think they look great when paired to the speaker.

If I commissioned 10 pair to sell, I'm curious if there is enough demand at around (need my metal guy to quote) $200 per pair.
Thank you
SB

wu6fiend
08-13-2017, 09:42 AM
Great post - Thank you.
I don't think I've seen a pair of these before. I think they look great when paired to the speaker.

If I commissioned 10 pair to sell, I'm curious if there is enough demand at around (need my metal guy to quote) $200 per pair.
Thank you
SB

I've owned a pair of L100Ts for years, and have never seen the stands in person (only in the catalog, which I also have). I would definitely be a buyer if you made copies of the stands for sale. If you decide to go ahead with commissioning some sets, please keep me in mind.

clwinbe
09-16-2020, 09:40 AM
I've owned a pair of L100Ts for years, and have never seen the stands in person (only in the catalog, which I also have). I would definitely be a buyer if you made copies of the stands for sale. If you decide to go ahead with commissioning some sets, please keep me in mind.
I had a pair of stands that came with the used L100t pair I picked up. They are threaded for spikes. I have mine set with the back down 1/2”. They make a big difference in the sound..