PDA

View Full Version : L200 with cloth surround rotate 180* or not?

A_Vinyl_Guy
02-19-2017, 09:12 AM
I have a pair of L200's I purchased about 12/13 years ago. I know if the woofer surrounds are foam you should rotate them periodically to prevent sag. Is the same true for cloth surrounds? If so, what is the frequency? I also have a pair of L96s that I refoamed the surrounds on at least 15 years ago , should I rotate those,also? Understandably gravity is well, gravity. TIA ,Marty

audiomagnate
02-22-2017, 03:50 AM
I have a pair of L200's I purchased about 12/13 years ago. I know if the woofer surrounds are foam you should rotate them periodically to prevent sag. Is the same true for cloth surrounds? If so, what is the frequency? I also have a pair of L96s that I refoamed the surrounds on at least 15 years ago , should I rotate those,also? Understandably gravity is well, gravity. TIA ,Marty

That happens to be my favorite internet myth. If your speakers are working fine I wouldn't bother. If they aren't, the odds that this "trick" will work to repair them is close to nil.

Flodstroem
02-22-2017, 08:46 AM
Heheh, audiomagnate thats mine too. :D

grumpy
02-22-2017, 09:47 AM
Well, ... if the cloth surround is treated with the dope/goop that tends to migrate like cold molasses
(and has), it wouldn't likely hurt to rotate the driver and leave it for the next several decades.