PDA

View Full Version : Jbl 4345

Ricpan
02-15-2017, 05:03 AM
Getting my original 4345s in next week and getting pretty excited. Going to biamp with MC275VI and MC2500 amps. Going to use an Electrovoice DBX 38 processor to tune the outputs. Bought a new to me C2300 Preamp and I have a VPI Classic 3SE turntable and a Marantz CD player. This will be my west coast sound system. On the other side of the room I have my east coast sound with my Conrad Johnson ET3SE and my biamped Bozak Concert Grands. So I hope to have the best of both worlds.

johnlcnm
02-15-2017, 05:37 AM
Ric. Congrats on your 4345s. Those are a purchase of a lifetime for most of us here. Also welcome to the forum. Those big JBLs were meant to be bi-amped and equ'd. It should be a lot of fun zeroing in on the best sound. Get a hold of a measurement system with a calibrated microphone.

Regards,

John

srm51555
02-15-2017, 07:43 AM
Sound like an awesome system and room. Welcome to the forum and congrats!!

Ricpan
02-24-2017, 09:18 PM
:bouncy:76135

BMWCCA
02-24-2017, 11:55 PM
Looks great!

So, what do you think of the sound?
What got you interested in them in the first place?
Where did you find them?

Enjoy!

MikeM
03-16-2017, 07:05 AM
:bouncy:76135

Hows that VPI table for Acoustic feedback. Id try to work out some sort of anchor spikes for the cabinets
Nice collection of equipment Enjoy

Mr. Widget
03-16-2017, 08:17 AM
Getting my original 4345s in next week and getting pretty excited. Going to biamp with MC275VI and MC2500 amps. Going to use an Electrovoice DBX 38 processor to tune the outputs. Bought a new to me C2300 Preamp and I have a VPI Classic 3SE turntable and a Marantz CD player. This will be my west coast sound system. On the other side of the room I have my east coast sound with my Conrad Johnson ET3SE and my biamped Bozak Concert Grands. So I hope to have the best of both worlds.Very cool... I'd like to see the "East Coast" side too! :bouncy:

Widget

Ricpan
03-25-2017, 07:58 PM
Bozak Concert Grands, Conrad Johnson ET3SEPhono, And Wyred 4 Sound Mamps (4) Biamped

Ricpan
03-25-2017, 08:26 PM
Hows that VPI table for Acoustic feedback. Id try to work out some sort of anchor spikes for the cabinets
Nice collection of equipment Enjoy

Dead black background. I really like the VPI Classic 3. I have the speakers on a butcherblock dolly and the house is single story with a concert slab. I can roll out the speakers away from the wall when in use and back when not in use seems to work well.

Rick

Ricpan
03-25-2017, 09:13 PM
Ric. Congrats on your 4345s. Those are a purchase of a lifetime for most of us here. Also welcome to the forum. Those big JBLs were meant to be bi-amped and equ'd. It should be a lot of fun zeroing in on the best sound. Get a hold of a measurement system with a calibrated microphone.

Regards,

John

I have cal mic and program.They are biamped MC275 and MC2500. Im about 95% there on getting them tuned.

Ricpan
03-25-2017, 09:22 PM
Looks great!

So, what do you think of the sound?
What got you interested in them in the first place?
Where did you find them?

Enjoy!
I have a friend with a set of 4350s and I thought with the place I need to put them the 4345 would work great and I was right. He came over and was really impressed and said he though they sounded better than his or at lease as good as his. The speaker are in beautiful condition I couldnt be happier. I got them from Greg at Home Audio Sound in Colorado. A great guy and a pleasure to work with.

johnlcnm
03-28-2017, 08:49 AM
I have a friend with a set of 4350s and I thought with the place I need to put them the 4345 would work great and I was right. He came over and was really impressed and said he though they sounded better than his or at lease as good as his. The speaker are in beautiful condition I couldnt be happier. I got them from Greg at Home Audio Sound in Colorado. A great guy and a pleasure to work with.
Ric. Glad to hear you are getting them tuned in. I have a pair of 4333Bs. Went though several months of fine tuning and used a delay on the woofs. For their age they are still relative sound wise today. I recently picked up a pair of 4429s from Greg. Definitely good folks to do business with!

mech986
08-29-2017, 01:24 AM
Ric, seeing as you're in League City, Texas, a southeast suburb of Houston, I sure hope you have somehow survived Hurricane Harvey and the flooding and rain.

these stories with drone footage of League City devastation are horrific, hope you are ok. Prayers and hopes for you and your family, and then your belongings.

http://www.chron.com/neighborhood/bayarea/news/article/Harvey-drone-footage-shows-massive-flood-in-12045490.php

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xmV7YfeQds

Ricpan
09-01-2017, 12:49 PM
Water in garage but thank God did not get in house. I was stuck at work for 4 days and the wife was home alone. She would not have been able to get the speaker up to safety. A number of houses on my street flooded.

Mr. Widget
09-01-2017, 06:59 PM
So many were not so fortunate... very to happy that you made it through such a horror.

Widget