PDA

View Full Version : 2235H re-foam

quindecima
02-02-2017, 02:53 PM
I'm considering purchasing a pair of these locally. I don't need them but I think I can get them for a good price. the cones are good but they need a re-foam. I'm thinking they are already centered and I just need to clean the edges up and re-glue them, I don't want to remove the dust caps, correct or more involved? :dont-know:

gasfan
02-02-2017, 03:53 PM
I'm considering purchasing a pair of these locally. I don't need them but I think I can get them for a good price. the cones are good but they need a re-foam. I'm thinking they are already centered and I just need to clean the edges up and re-glue them, I don't want to remove the dust caps, correct or more involved? :dont-know:
If they are oem cones functioning as they should and clean, there is still the possibility of the foam dust screen on the pole piece having been sucked into the vc gap. Looking into the vent at the back will reveal if it's intact. If not, it's a crap shoot without removing the dust cap and cleaning out the gap. That screen turns into goo potentially obstructing movement.

Flodstroem
02-03-2017, 06:05 PM
I'm thinking they are already centered and I just need to clean the edges up and re-glue them, I don't want to remove the dust caps, correct or more involved? :dont-know:

If you mean you should re-glue the old foam surround, just forget that, they had to be replaced by new foams surrounds. Was that what you meant? For to glue new surround in place you dont have to remove the dust dome/cap if you follow the step by step here in the LH Forum ;)

quindecima
02-03-2017, 07:08 PM
New surrounds.

Flodstroem
02-04-2017, 02:50 PM
New surrounds.

OK, perfect..... :D
If you for some reason have missed this, its located here:
http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?469-Resurround-Step-by-step