PDA

View Full Version : Replacing Drivers in 4315B Crossover Modifications?

bjoneson
01-06-2017, 10:00 AM
I recently picked up a pair of empty 4315B cabinets with the original crossovers, and have been in the process of loading them up.

I have found original drivers for the highs (2105H) and Ultra Highs (2405), but the 8" mid and 12" low drivers are unobtainium. Based on suggested replacement data from JBL, I'm using 128H-1s to replace the original 2203Hs, and 2118Hs to replace the 2108s. These are listed as "acoustical equivalents" but obviously have different specifications.

Would there need to be any crossover modifications done to accommodate the new low and mid drivers?

speakerdave
01-06-2017, 10:45 AM
If you decide to do something else in the end, I'd be interested in those cabinets and crossovers if they have survived unmodified.

bldozier
01-06-2017, 11:08 AM
Yes sir I woulda gave an arm for a piar of originals, I have rebuilt xovers but original cabs woulda been great, a guy on ebay has a pair that are being tri amped, he originally quoted me for the cabs only but rescrescinded the offer, he didn't want to ship, now has them listed for pick up, an told me to buzz off, I think he might give in.

Sd I was tring to pm you

bjoneson
01-07-2017, 08:56 AM
At this point, I have no intention of modifying the cabinets, and no intention of modifying the crossovers unless absolutely necessary.

That said I also have every intention of making these work. I should have them all loaded in the next few weeks, so can start taking some measurements then.

Flodstroem
01-07-2017, 05:00 PM
If you decide to do something else in the end, I'd be interested in those cabinets and crossovers if they have survived unmodified.

Me too :D

Flodstroem
01-07-2017, 05:06 PM
At this point, I have no intention of modifying the cabinets, and no intention of modifying the crossovers unless absolutely necessary.

That said I also have every intention of making these work. I should have them all loaded in the next few weeks, so can start taking some measurements then.

Sounds interesting and........ There was hardly no 128H nor a 2118H at the time of the 4315 production......... :blink: Yes, we are interested to see some measurement results of those cabs with non-original transducers ;)