PDA

View Full Version : 4411 refurb - looking for info and input

Lo-fidelity
12-11-2016, 07:11 PM
Hi all (y'all for the other Texans and Southerners),

I am new to the forum and my first post here.

i just picked up a pair for 4411s that are in fair condition. Both need new woofer foam which is on the the way. One suffered a pretty hard hit that took out both tone controls as shown below. Anyone had any luck repairing busted pot stems?

I have searched this forum and others and I haven't turned up much information so anything you guys can contribute would be appreciated.

One of the issues I am facing is replacing or repairing the mid and tweeter pots. Seems that some JBLs have screws under the foilcals that hold the pots. There is enough info on removing the foilcals, but the decals on the 4411 appear to be some type of translucent plastic. I think for now I will try to get to the pots from the inside and leave the decal undisturbed. Any actual experience with 4411s here would be helpful.

Any sources for the JBL blue speaker cover cloth? Not sure I can get the existing ones clean enough.

Thoughts on cabinet refurb? I'd like to keep it simple and not sand down to bare veneer.

Any other thoughts on these would be appreciated.

Thanks

gsb001
12-17-2016, 06:12 AM
Hi,
I sell the JBL OEM fabric. Let me know if you have any questions. Be very careful with your grilles, the posts get stuck in the cabinets and break off very easily.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Dark-Blue-Fabric-for-JBL-Studio-Monitor-4310-4311-4312-Speaker-Grille-/162097577210?ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

Those are great speakers. Pro version of the L-112's.
SB