PDA

View Full Version : Jbl D16R2421

300_Summit
10-25-2016, 05:30 PM
Is there some type of sale going on at Jbl? I called JBL pro service today to get a price on 2421 diaphragms and they guy told me they were $99 retail. A few months ago, they were around $180. Parts express still has them for $189. I even called one of the Service centers near me and they said they would install them for $90. I find this very interesting. I'm definitely gonna go ahead and put new dias in my LE-85s. I was contemplating going with Radian. But with OEMs at the same price as Radians.....No brainer, OEM

audiomagnate
10-25-2016, 06:32 PM
Is there some type of sale going on at Jbl? I called JBL pro service today to get a price on 2421 diaphragms and they guy told me they were $99 retail. A few months ago, they were around $180. Parts express still has them for $189. I even called one of the Service centers near me and they said they would install them for $90. I find this very interesting. I'm definitely gonna go ahead and put new dias in my LE-85s. I was contemplating going with Radian. But with OEMs at the same price as Radians.....No brainer, OEM

The parts department, like the rest of JBL is understaffed and pretty much clueless and has been for years. They were selling 4312's for $384/pair with free shipping a few weeks ago after all. I hope you ordered them today. They could be gone or back to their regular price tomorrow.

Earl K
10-26-2016, 02:04 AM

The parts department, like the rest of JBL is understaffed and pretty much clueless and has been for years. They were selling 4312's for $384/pair with free shipping a few weeks ago after all. I hope you ordered them today. They could be gone or back to their regular price tomorrow.

Well, there's always the faint hope that JBL by Harman has woken up & smelled the coffee ( and then gotten real with the cost of replacement parts ) // or // it's April Fool's day again.

:)

Don C
10-26-2016, 08:31 AM
I noticed these larger ones too:
http://reconingspeakers.com/product/jbl-d16r2451sl-diaphragm/
D16R2451SL factory diaphragm for $109? Maybe it's time to stock up.

300_Summit
10-26-2016, 10:15 AM
So I talked to a Rep a JBL pro service today and he told me that they drastically dropped their prices for parts back in June in order to keep up with the competition

dezmond
10-26-2016, 08:07 PM
Yes I ordered some of these - http://reconingspeakers.com/product/jbl-d8r2450sl-diaphragm/ . They sound much better then the stock 2446h diaphragms.

Ed Zeppeli
10-27-2016, 08:27 AM
Good news for all of us as long as QC is maintained. Possibly the biggest gripe I've heard about is the price of maintenance. Now hopefully they bring down their cone kits a bit...

Warren

speakerdave
10-30-2016, 01:16 PM
I got a strange phone call the other day from Soundbroker inviting me to visit their website. I did business with them once maybe ten years ago. Last evening I went there and found 40 pages of new JBL Pro gear. It looked to me like the whole range, but I don't really know. This, combined with what you guys are saying about the cd diaphragms, smells a little bit like a sell off and makes me wonder if the Mexican adventure is a complete bust and Our Leader is flushing Pro down the drain.

JeffW
10-30-2016, 01:40 PM
Yeah, Soundbroker calls/emails now and then - I've never even bought anything there.

soleboy
01-19-2018, 08:27 PM
Sadly.. I heard that D16r2421 was discontinued.

I have JBL 2421b driver in my 4345 speaker.

So I want to change diaphragm with new one someday.

Is there any place I can buy the stuff yet?

sguttag
02-13-2018, 07:12 AM
This is probably true. I just checked (I'm a JBL authorized reconer) and while the part still comes up, if I try to order it, I get a November 2020 ship date estimate. That is normally a sign of a component that they are done with.

Sadly.. I heard that D16r2421 was discontinued.

I have JBL 2421b driver in my 4345 speaker.

So I want to change diaphragm with new one someday.

Is there any place I can buy the stuff yet?