In the e-Tent sale, of course:

http://www.jblpro.com/Tent_Sale/NL8FC.jpg

Niklas Nord
12-08-2004, 02:16 PM
jiiiihoooooo
jippieeeeee

Mr. Widget
12-08-2004, 02:26 PM
Amazing, good work Zilch. No matter how odd your quest, the forum is here to help!

...and they have over 1200 four conductor speakons left.

Widget

Zilch
12-08-2004, 03:12 PM
Amazing, good work Zilch. No matter how odd your quest, the forum is here to help!Anything obscure or inane is a specialty here. :yes:

...and they have over 1200 four conductor speakons left.Not for long. Bo needs about 1000 now that we found 'em. :p

Donald
12-08-2004, 07:39 PM
I give up. What are these things?

Zilch
12-08-2004, 08:03 PM
I give up. What are these things?High current, postive engagement speaker connectors, now standard in sound reinforcement and some high-end speakers. Used in lieu of spring terminals, binding posts, banana plugs, etc.

With multi-conductor cables, a single connector can serve bi-, tri-, and quad-amplification applications.

A major upgrade from 1/4" phone jacks and plugs, the prior standard for sound reinforcement, which are subject to corrosion and dubious in design with respect to current-carrying capability.

Many pro amps now have Speakons as output connectors as well. Brainless hookup (once configured,) with quality, reliable connections.

They DO stick out the back, though, unless the cabinet terminal cups are appropriately angled and recessed....

Mr. Widget
12-09-2004, 11:56 AM
I give up. What are these things?
Here is a nice shot of them from the K2-M9500 drool thread.

pangea
01-02-2005, 03:09 PM
Anyone know where and how to order those Neutriks?

Would be nice to have a few of those for my Hybrid MTM project. :D :coolness: :p

BR
Roland

Zilch
01-02-2005, 03:18 PM
http://www.jblpro.com/Tent_Sale/index.htm

pangea
01-02-2005, 04:14 PM
http://www.jblpro.com/Tent_Sale/index.htm
Thanks for the link!:)

To bad though it isn't possible to buy anything without a credit card from JBL. :(

I have never even owned a credit card and would therefore have liked to be able to transfer the money from my bank account instead.

BR
Roland

Zilch
01-02-2005, 04:58 PM
eMail them. They WILL find a way to take your money, most likely.

You're gonna need the receptacles, as well, also for sale there, if I recall....

pangea
01-03-2005, 01:34 AM
eMail them. They WILL find a way to take your money, most likely.

You're gonna need the receptacles, as well, also for sale there, if I recall....
OK, thanks, I've sent them a mail, we'll see if they can accommodate me on this.

What do you mean by "receptacles" btw?

BR
Roland

Zilch
01-03-2005, 01:46 PM
Receptacle is the mating part, the part that gets mounted on the back of the speaker box on a terminal cup or plate for the plug to plug in to. See NL4MP and NL4MPR in the e-Tent sale there.

Look also under "Speakon" here: http://www.neutrik.com/start.asp

If you want all of your wires to each side in one cable, you gotta decide how many pair of contacts you want.

Four will let you biamp, eight for quad amp, I think. I've never used more than the four.

It gets messy pretty quick interconnecting several boxes....

pangea
01-03-2005, 03:14 PM
Receptacle is the mating part, the part that gets mounted on the back of the speaker box on a terminal cup or plate for the plug to plug in to. See NL4MP and NL4MPR in the e-Tent sale there.

Look also under "Speakon" here: http://www.neutrik.com/start.asp

If you want all of your wires to each side in one cable, you gotta decide how many pair of contacts you want.

Four will let you biamp, eight for quad amp, I think. I've never used more than the four.

It gets messy pretty quick interconnecting several boxes....
Ah yes thanks, the male and female thing. :D

Yes I know this company well, I just thought it would be so VERY neat to have the JBL logo on them as well.:thmbsup:

BR
Roland

Tim Rinkerman
01-03-2005, 03:26 PM
My shop uses and stocks all of the Neutrik Speakon connectors. They are the best speaker connector since,.,....ever. You either get a 4 or 8 contact cable mount end..the same connector goes on both ends of the cable. (unless you permanently mount one end). The chassis mount comes in either a square or round flange mount. Chassis mounts are all "female" and all cable ends are "male". A Neutrik cable has the sams plugs on each end; in order to connect two cables,you need a Neutrik"barrel", which is essentially two female chassis mounts assembled back to back in an inline configuration. They also make an AC input connector now as well.

I'm not trying to be a Speakon dealer,but if there are any fellow AK members who can't find a reasonable source for them,PM me and I should be able to get what you need for a reasonable price. Tim

pangea
01-03-2005, 03:47 PM
My shop uses and stocks all of the Neutrik Speakon connectors. They are the best speaker connector since,.,....ever. You either get a 4 or 8 contact cable mount end..the same connector goes on both ends of the cable. (unless you permanently mount one end). The chassis mount comes in either a square or round flange mount. Chassis mounts are all "female" and all cable ends are "male". A Neutrik cable has the sams plugs on each end; in order to connect two cables,you need a Neutrik"barrel", which is essentially two female chassis mounts assembled back to back in an inline configuration. They also make an AC input connector now as well.

I'm not trying to be a Speakon dealer,but if there are any fellow AK members who can't find a reasonable source for them,PM me and I should be able to get what you need for a reasonable price. Tim
Do you by any chance have those with the JBL logo?

BR
Roland

pelly3s
01-03-2005, 05:40 PM
i'm trying to get 100 of them right now from JBL. I have to call my rep and see what prices they will give me. not too much good stuff left on the tent sale. there was a lot more.

pangea
01-06-2005, 12:14 AM
This morning I received a reply from JBL.

Bying things from outside the USA, unfortunately was a no go.:(

BR
Roland

Don Mascali
01-06-2005, 06:11 AM
"To bad though it isn't possible to buy anything without a credit card from JBL. http://audioheritage.csdco.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/frown.gif "

I use a VISA debit card for all of my OnLine purchases. I refuse to participate in the credit scam. Aren't they available to you?

pangea
01-06-2005, 08:45 AM
"I use a VISA debit card for all of my OnLine purchases. I refuse to participate in the credit scam. Aren't they available to you?
That wouldn't do me any good anyway, since the "E-Tent Sale" staff, won't do business with customers from abroad.:( :( :(