PDA

View Full Version : Where to find TAD 1603 binding post

andychris
10-11-2016, 10:12 PM
Hello
I've got a pair of 1603 but one binding post is broken, espacialy the little plastic board. Is there someone who knows how to get that part ?

thanx a lot

pos
10-11-2016, 10:39 PM
I don't know myself, but if you find out please let us know!
I have a friend who would be interested (he has got 1602 woofers, but I think the binding posts are the same)

dn92
10-12-2016, 04:46 AM
This is what may append when the TL-160x is installed with post at the bottom direction of the enclosure. These drivers are heavy and when trying to remove them, the cork used for sealing is retaining the driver. Then you pull the driver and suddendly it is coming and falling while rotating a bit and the posts are touching the bottom of the driver hole, and then it breakes this plastic part.

You understood, from my explanation, that it appended to me. It could also arrive when pressing too much the 1601a posts, but with screwed 1603 posts this should not append.

From now in my loudspeakers posts are located in the direction of the top of the enclosure, as it was in TAD original enclosures. SuperGlue (check that you take the one which is compatible with hard plastic) is your friend. My post support plastic part has been such repaired 7 years ago and is still as strong as the unbroken original. Take care not to have glue falling to the cone by protecting it.

Where are you located in France, in case you need help for this.

andychris
10-20-2016, 10:41 AM
Well Well Well I think I will make a pair in aluminium with spring binding post............