PDA

View Full Version : what a steal! 4312ds at jbl.com!

Dave_72
10-01-2016, 06:08 PM
you dudes are not gonna believe this!!!

http://www.jbl.com/4312D.html?dwvar_4312D_color=Black#start=1

JeffW
10-01-2016, 07:33 PM
That is a good price, they were twice that on clearance a few years ago. If it's not a misprint, that would be a bargain.

Ed Zeppeli
10-01-2016, 07:53 PM
What are the drivers in these? Are they cast/pro frames?

Good price either way.

Warren

JeffW
10-01-2016, 08:40 PM
The L on the end has me wondering if it isn't per speaker, mine are 4312DBKL and 4312DBKR and the price was nearly exactly twice what this is. Seems like the tweeter is an 054Ti or something, 2213Nd woofer, but not the dual voice coil like the 4312E, 105H mid.

http://jbl43.com/?pid=31499131

Dave_72
10-01-2016, 09:19 PM
The L on the end has me wondering if it isn't per speaker, mine are 4312DBKL and 4312DBKR and the price was nearly exactly twice what this is. Seems like the tweeter is an 054Ti or something, 2213Nd woofer, but not the dual voice coil like the 4312E, 105H mid.

they are per pair...type in 2 in the quantity box, then click on add to cart..then you'll see your total which is under $800...so, there you go...plus free shipping and 30 day money back guarantee (providing you have the original box and they are in as new condition)

i have a question...how would it sound if you bought 2 pairs and stacked them...2 per channel? thanks...

Don C
10-01-2016, 09:28 PM
I suspect that they have made a mistake and that they will fix it soon. If not, it looks like a nice business opportunity.

SEAWOLF97
10-01-2016, 09:44 PM
I suspect a pair is two lefts.

Dave_72
10-01-2016, 10:15 PM
I suspect a pair is two lefts.

oh...well, i suppose it doesn't hurt to ask...call them tomorrow at 9 am est?

Dave_72
10-01-2016, 10:22 PM
I suspect that they have made a mistake and that they will fix it soon. If not, it looks like a nice business opportunity.

could be, and now i just let the cat outta the bag! d'oh!:blink::confused:

dezmond
10-01-2016, 10:54 PM
Was thinking about it, but don't want to left's.

Dave_72
10-02-2016, 12:16 AM
Was thinking about it, but don't want to left's.

i don't either...what do these babys usually go for?

Dave_72
10-02-2016, 07:22 AM
oh...well, i suppose it doesn't hurt to ask...call them tomorrow at 9 am est?

ok, i called...i talked to a tech, and he said my 300 wpc bryston amp is too much for the 4312d's true?

then i called the sales dept, and they told me it is a matched pair. take that for what you will.

they also told me the stock is low but not real low. in addition that is in fact $389 a pair, not each

finally, how much can i get for the s4700s if i decide to sell...perhaps these would be a backwards move, but i got bills to pay...a lot. i really can't have too much money tied up in stereo equipment...besides, i wanna travel, and just enjoy life rather than being stuck in the house with the s4700s...from what people are saying around here, they're not that good and they're overpriced...they're already 4 years old and i don't wanna be stuck with the damn things...

JeffW
10-02-2016, 07:49 AM
ok, i called...i talked to a tech, and he said my 300 wpc bryston amp is too much for the 4312d's true?

Most folks use a preamp or some other means of controlling the amplifier so the amp isn't always running at full power into the speaker - I imagine you are, too. So the speaker will never know how powerful the amp connected to it is if it's not run wide open.

BMWCCA
10-02-2016, 08:16 AM
Price is certainly tempting. I believe I've seen them selling for almost four-times that much. Since they all seem to come from Japan, the pricing we have seen may not really be competitive. But, if you want these, this is obviously a stupidly low price.

There is a newer 4312e out now ($1000 each), and remember this is a Control Monitor so basically an oddly voiced updated L100. I believe you'd be better off with a pair of 4412 or 4410 for the same money. IMNSHO, of course!

Dave_72
10-02-2016, 08:34 AM
Most folks use a preamp or some other means of controlling the amplifier so the amp isn't always running at full power into the speaker - I imagine you are, too. So the speaker will never know how powerful the amp connected to it is if it's not run wide open.

ok, cool, thanks for that...yes i do have a bryston bp6 preamp, basic stripped down pre. so, the amp is ok then, true? you wouldn't go any higher would you?:D

Dave_72
10-02-2016, 08:38 AM
Price is certainly tempting. I believe I've seen them selling for almost four-times that much. Since they all seem to come from Japan, the pricing we have seen may not really be competitive. But, if you want these, this is obviously a stupidly low price.

There is a newer 4312e out now ($1000 each), and remember this is a Control Monitor so basically an oddly voiced updated L100. I believe you'd be better off with a pair of 4412 or 4410 for the same money. IMNSHO, of course!

right i hear you...oh alright, so this is kind of a closeout sale true? i see, are those available online? i don't care for the dealers here in vegas, especially the jerk i got the s4700s from...

also, what are your thoughts on doing the stacked thing ie 2 on each side...

SEAWOLF97
10-02-2016, 08:42 AM
.... and just enjoy life rather than being stuck in the house with the s4700s...from what people are saying around here, they're not that good and they're overpriced...they're already 4 years old and i don't wanna be stuck with the damn things...

who cares what anyone else is saying :dont-know:

whether you enjoy them is whats important.

4 y.o ?? Geeze, most of us have speakers built last Century. ;)

dprice
10-02-2016, 09:08 AM
I would be all over these if I had somewhere to put them or "needed" them. They would make a really nifty early Christmas present for the right person.

Dave_72
10-02-2016, 09:14 AM
who cares what anyone else is saying :dont-know:

whether you enjoy them is whats important.

4 y.o ?? Geeze, most of us have speakers built last Century. ;)

yeah true, but it would be advantagous to free up the money tied up in those. however, with the poor resale value of hi fi in general then i'll be lucky to clear 9k i guess. not sure, of course. so, perhaps i'm stuck for a while...

i dunno. take my posts here with a grain of salt, i'm just thinking out loud here, lol.

dezmond
10-02-2016, 09:21 AM
Sold out

Dave_72
10-02-2016, 09:24 AM
I would be all over these if I had somewhere to put them or "needed" them. They would make a really nifty early Christmas present for the right person.

well, i can't get 'em right now anyway...my credit card is at home and i'm here stuck in the damn hospital...just for shits and giggles i called the card hotline and they only had the last 4 digits..i wasn't surprised at all. so anyway, it don't look like i'll be getting these soon, therefore it looks like i'm proably sol. however, i was happy to share this with you guys because i feel it is a really good deal...

Dave_72
10-02-2016, 09:27 AM
Sold out

craparoonie...ah well...but that don't mean they won't restock true?:confused:

Don C
10-02-2016, 09:29 AM
Those were not current production, they have moved on to the 4312E. So it's unlikely that they will restock.

Dave_72
10-02-2016, 09:57 AM
Those were not current production, they have moved on to the 4312E. So it's unlikely that they will restock.

well, i just called jbl back and they said they're getting more in...i'm not gonnasay when...i aready shot myself in the foot here already, you know?

RedCoat23
10-02-2016, 10:53 AM
well, i just called jbl back and they said they're getting more in...i'm not gonnasay when...i aready shot myself in the foot here already, you know?

Well as long as you post AFTER you get a pair that they're in stock then we can all be golden :)

BMWCCA
10-02-2016, 12:40 PM
well, i can't get 'em right now anyway...my credit card is at home and i'm here stuck in the damn hospital...just for shits and giggles i called the card hotline and they only had the last 4 digits..i wasn't surprised at all. so anyway, it don't look like i'll be getting these soon, therefore it looks like i'm proably sol. however, i was happy to share this with you guys because i feel it is a really good deal...

Judging from similar (older) speakers of this ilk, there are better choices of how to spend $400 on JBLs.
L5, L7, 4412, 4410 come to mind. That's why I didn't pull the trigger. :)

Dave_72
10-02-2016, 12:53 PM
Well as long as you post AFTER you get a pair that they're in stock then we can all be golden :)

lol exactly, and i have a funny feeling these are gonna be popping up on dealer websites soon for 2 or 3 times the price, maybe 4...and i'll be buying 2 pairs!

Dave_72
10-02-2016, 12:54 PM
Judging from similar (older) speakers of this ilk, there are better choices of how to spend $400 on JBLs.
L5, L7, 4412, 4410 come to mind. That's why I didn't pull the trigger. :)

ok cool, are the 4412s available new?

BMWCCA
10-02-2016, 02:37 PM
ok cool, are the 4412s available new?

I wish!
Though the 4412A was still available new up until just a few years ago.

Good luck!

RedCoat23
10-02-2016, 05:57 PM
I wish!
Though the 4412A was still available new up until just a few years ago.

Good luck!

I seem to recall reading somewhere that the 4412A's were created based upon complaints that the 4410A's are a little bass-shy; that the 4410A's are in the correct volume for the woofers but the 4412A's are not.
I don't have a set of the 4412A's so I can't honestly comment but I do have the 4410A's. It is a great speaker and can certainly be found in excellent condition for around the $400 mark.

BMWCCA
10-03-2016, 03:54 AM
I seem to recall reading somewhere that the 4412A's were created based upon complaints that the 4410A's are a little bass-shy; that the 4410A's are in the correct volume for the woofers but the 4412A's are not.
I don't have a set of the 4412A's so I can't honestly comment but I do have the 4410A's. It is a great speaker and can certainly be found in excellent condition for around the $400 mark.
Enclosure dimensions are the same for 4410/A and 4412/A. The driver arrangement is different with the 12s oriented for horizontal placement. I have 4412A, L112, L96, and two pair of L80T modified with T3 crossovers. I prefer the 12-inch versions but they produce enough bass that they can become overbearing when boundary reinforcement is active. I prefer them raised off the floor but then the 4412 is a horizontal monitor.

The 4410/A and 4412/A are: 23-1/2 x 14-1/4 x 11-1/4"

The L112 is 24-1/2 x 14-1/4 x 13"
The L96 is 23-1/2 x 14-1/4 x 11-3/4"

There are many here who prefer the 10-inch 3-ways and I respect that opinion. All are great speaker systems. The 12s do have a slightly lower sensitivity rating (1dB) but they are also listed as handling 20% more power than the 10s. :dont-know:

Dave_72
10-03-2016, 07:54 AM
ok, i talked to a tech at harman luxury group, and basically, i'm getting a more powerful amp for the s4700s per his rec. apparently, they can handle up to 600 wpc or more and that it would sound better in his opinion...so right now i'm looking into a bryston 14b3, which is a beast of an amp...see the measurements and review below...
http://hifilounge.co.uk/image/attachments/Bryston/Bryston%2014B%20Cubed%20Review.pdf

anyway,i'm not selling anytime soon...and i suppose i'll try a new amp, but if the sound is still lackluster, then they gotta go...sorry to make this thread; i am delusional and i thought these 4312ds would be the ticket to audio bliss...all i'm trying to do is get excellent sound, and what i'm getting well, it could be better, but i can't afford the everests! lol. so, thanks for all of your kind words here. i know i'm a pain in the derriere because of my whining about the s4700s, but i just want to be satisfied or satiated so to speak..i want real kick ass sound that makes jump outta my seat and causes me to forget my problems which there are many (long story) that is why i thought i'd try jbl, because of it's history, world class r and d, the promise of studio quality sound, and what have you...i don't like the whole hecho en mexico thing, but the speakers are actually built real good..i was surprised at this...

well, that's basically it, i just wanted to lay it all out..i look forward to your comments regarding this...i'm just an ocd delusional audiophile who most people think is chasing something that doesn't exist...everyone wants a high, and music and audio is my drug..not dope, tobacco, and alcohol...i wish more people would see this, but alas they don't...

SEAWOLF97
10-03-2016, 08:54 AM
based upon complaints that the 4410A's are a little bass-shy

I HAD 4410's and initially thought that they were "bass shy" (they are NOT Beats..thank Heavens)

But after a while I came to realize that they are NOT shy. The bass is certainly there WHEN THE PROGRAM MATERIAL CALLS FOR IT.

My impression was that they were brutally honest , to the exclusion of warmth and enjoyment. Kinda the def of studio monitors ?

I HAD 4412's also and felt their bass was not what I wanted. Have gone thru a few JBL 3 way 12 inch bookshelves and the only pair that are still here are 120Ti's.

honkytonkwillie
10-04-2016, 12:47 AM
...so right now i'm looking into a bryston 14b3, which is a beast of an amp...

..i look forward to your comments regarding this...

Ok, you asked for it.

You start off considering this screaming deal for 4312d's - two pair, even - and want to dump your S4700s because they represent a bunch of money tied up in a less-than-expected bang for the buck speaker.

Then you decide to double down on the S4700s with an amp that costs about the same as the S4700s that you're still not sure you want. I like your style!

music and audio is my drug..not dope, tobacco, and alcohol...i wish more people would see this, but alas they don't...

I get it.

I'd pass on the 4312d's though, unless you can double your money flipping 10 pair. Then the Bryston is almost free!

audiomagnate
10-04-2016, 04:35 AM
ok, i talked to a tech at harman luxury group, and basically, i'm getting a more powerful amp for the s4700s per his rec. apparently, they can handle up to 600 wpc or more and that it would sound better in his opinion...so right now i'm looking into a bryston 14b3, which is a beast of an amp...see the measurements and review below...
http://hifilounge.co.uk/image/attachments/Bryston/Bryston%2014B%20Cubed%20Review.pdf

anyway,i'm not selling anytime soon...and i suppose i'll try a new amp, but if the sound is still lackluster, then they gotta go...sorry to make this thread; i am delusional and i thought these 4312ds would be the ticket to audio bliss...all i'm trying to do is get excellent sound, and what i'm getting well, it could be better, but i can't afford the everests! lol. so, thanks for all of your kind words here. i know i'm a pain in the derriere because of my whining about the s4700s, but i just want to be satisfied or satiated so to speak..i want real kick ass sound that makes jump outta my seat and causes me to forget my problems which there are many (long story) that is why i thought i'd try jbl, because of it's history, world class r and d, the promise of studio quality sound, and what have you...i don't like the whole hecho en mexico thing, but the speakers are actually built real good..i was surprised at this...

well, that's basically it, i just wanted to lay it all out..i look forward to your comments regarding this...i'm just an ocd delusional audiophile who most people think is chasing something that doesn't exist...everyone wants a high, and music and audio is my drug..not dope, tobacco, and alcohol...i wish more people would see this, but alas they don't...

You actually thought (before your call to HLG) that a pair of 4312's might sound better than your 4700's? Are you sure about the drugs and alcohol? I think you need a good sub (or two or three).

BMWCCA
10-04-2016, 04:49 AM

As I remember, you've had issues with the S4700 for four-or-more years. Don't recall what you had previously that you felt needed improvement that you hoped the S4700 would provide, and I recall you're currently using Bryston electronics already, right? I don't think I've ever met a JBL that my emotions didn't think improved with a more powerful amp but, in your case, I have to wonder if your problem isn't with room placement or room treatment.

If your quest is for "kick ass sound that makes you jump outta of (your) seat" then the Japanese-market voicing of the S4700 just might not be able to deliver without some Home-Theater-style subs and equalization. Being a self-proclaimed audiophile addict, do you even have tone controls to tailor the output of your system? Or (shame!) an equalizer? Perhaps what you're looking for is beyond the range of what the recording engineers put in your material. Or maybe it just needs some help. Your system's flat response (if there is one) just might not suit your ears . . . and there's nothing wrong with that and no shame in shaping that sound toward what you want to hear. That can come from tone controls, EQ, or perhaps placement or room-treatment.

I've not heard the S4700 but its parts would certainly lead me to believe that in the $10-15K price range (you said you got a deal) they should certainly be able to hold their own. Maybe you just need to define what you mean by "kick-ass" sound, and ask if you've ever heard it anywhere in your travels. Then, of course, we'd have to question your overall sanity in assuming an older-design 3-way control-monitor unit with a nearly full-range 12-inch woofer could ever approach what your S4700 should be capable of providing.;)

Good luck. Remember, there's always the 4345!

hsosdrum
10-04-2016, 01:42 PM
I own 4312Es and (as reported elsewhere in these forums) am pretty familiar with how the S4700 sounds, and to me there's no doubt whatsoever that the S4700 is superior in every single way to the 4312. You name the audio reproduction criteria and the S4700 does it better than the 4312, every single one: tonal neutrality, macrodynamics, microdynamics, bass extension, treble extension, soundstaging, etc., etc. The winner is the S4700.

If you need to sell your S4700s because you're short on cash, that's another matter entirely, and I'm sorry for your predicament (been there, had to do that — when I ran into cash-flow issues more than 20 years ago I had to sell a pair of Klipschorns that were personally autographed to me by Paul W. Klipsch). However, if you replace the S4700s with 4312Ds don't for a minute think that you'd be making a step in any direction other than down in sound quality, especially in tonal neutrality. The 4310 was originally voiced to mimic the tonal characteristics of the Altec 604E, to make it easy for recording engineers already familiar with the ubiquitous 604E to hit the gound running in studios equipped with the smaller JBL. This voicing carries over to all of 4310's descendants, including the 4312E, and even though I've never personally auditioned the 4312D I'm sure that voicing didn't skip over the 4312D.

JeffW
10-04-2016, 02:14 PM
And not to denigrate 4312s or their owners, but I bought the 4312Ds as speakers for my garage. I figured they'd be nice, rugged speakers, and the utility finish vs wood veneer for standing up to the garage environment. I wouldn't dream of putting anything as nice as S4700s out there. That said, I have a really nice garage stereo :D

dprice
10-04-2016, 02:49 PM
If your quest is for "kick ass sound that makes you jump outta of (your) seat" then the Japanese-market voicing of the S4700 just might not be able to deliver without some Home-Theater-style subs and equalization.!

A couple kilowatts of subwoofage will knock you out of your seat ;)

Cost no object I would go for the JBL SUB18 (or two :bouncy:)
http://www.jblpro.com/www/products/recording-broadcast/sub18#.V_QiUOArKUk

The JBL S1S-EX or S2S-EX (or similar cinema offerings) would also work nicely.

Dave_72
10-04-2016, 05:03 PM
i feel lIke i've been tko'd by tyson in the first goddamn round! lol

gimme a break, ok? idid say i'm a delusional ocd audiophile, did i not? since i did, consider the source please.lol.

i didn't say the s4700s are bad per se...to be honest, i find them a bit lackluster...what i mean is they kind of lack in punch and dynamics, and on the other end of the spectrum, they lack in the little subtleties that make music exciting. they're just not very detailed and they're kind of boring to listen to..i really only listen to them as background music. they were overpriced even at the price i paid. so, my words here ring true because they not exactly have been praised around here or anywhere for that matter. the general consensus here is they are not as good as the 1400 arrays, s3900s, 4365s, and now 4367s.that made me have some serious buyer's remorse....because of that, i felt like i got stuck wiith 2 boat anchors, the resale has plummeted because of the lack of praise and scrutiny, not to mention they're hecho en mexico which doesn't sitall too well with me...unfortunately, i didn't know this until after i bought the damn things. so are they worth much after they've been declared hum drum or ho hum? i dunno you tell me.

as far as the bryston 14b3 amp goes, read the measurements section of that review i posted...if you'renot impressed by that then you ain't impressed by anything period...it's an awesome amp, and it is expensive, but it's probably the best amp in that price range until bryston comes out with the b4s or sst4s.

as far as subs go...sure i'm open to that...that might be a good idea overall.however, i am also looking into other brands at the moment...atc, b&w, magico, and more.

anyway, i speak the truth here...i'm not a liar and i never have been. i may be crazy, but at least i'm honest...lol

SEAWOLF97
10-04-2016, 06:18 PM
i didn't say the s4700s are bad per se...to be honest, i find them a bit lackluster...what i mean is they kind of lack in punch and dynamics, and on the other end of the spectrum, they lack in the little subtleties that make music exciting. they're just not very detailed and they're kind of boring to listen to..l

that was also my initial impression with my 250Ti's . A little EQ and a sub sure fixed that one up. ;)

so, my words here ring true because they not exactly have been praised around here or anywhere for that matter. the general consensus here is they are not as good as the 1400 arrays, s3900s, 4365s, and now 4367s.that made me have some serious buyer's remorse....because of that, i felt like i got stuck wiith 2 boat anchors,

actually in another thread that you were complaining about them, there were some very positive opinions about them

as far as subs go...sure i'm open to that...that might be a good idea overall.however, i am also looking into other brands at the moment...atc, b&w, magico, and more.

i got bills to pay...a lot. i really can't have too much money tied up in stereo equipment...besides, i wanna travel, and just enjoy life rather than being stuck in the house with the s4700s...from what people are saying around here, they're not that good and they're overpriced...they're already 4 years old and i don't wanna be stuck with the damn things...

AFAIR , earlier in this thread, didn't you say that funds were tight and you'd like to retrieve some of your investment in the JBL's :dont-know: and now you are looking at Magicos and other expensive models ?

did you not audition the s4700's before buying ? :confused:

BMWCCA
10-04-2016, 06:56 PM
as far as the bryston 14b3 amp goes, read the measurements section of that review i posted...if you'renot impressed by that then you ain't impressed by anything period...it's an awesome amp, and it is expensive, but it's probably the best amp in that price range until bryston comes out with the b4s or sst4s.

If you feel you got bitten by not knowing about or hearing your S4700 prior to purchase, why not just try a more powerful amp before you dismiss them? Why not find a Bryston dealer who will let you try one out? You're already a Bryston owner. I can't believe they'd expect you to pay over $10,000 for an amp without a test drive! Why not invite your local Bryston dealer to one of your Club events and let him prove what the 14B3 can do with your speakers? :dont-know:

Dave_72
10-04-2016, 07:06 PM
that was also my initial impression with my 250Ti's . A little EQ and a sub sure fixed that one up. ;)

actually in another thread that you were complaining about them, there were some very positive opinions about them

AFAIR , earlier in this thread, didn't you say that funds were tight and you'd like to retrieve some of your investment in the JBL's :dont-know: and now you are looking at Magicos and other expensive models ?

did you not audition the s4700's before buying ? :confused:

ok cool, i might try that

i don't remember that...again, just the opinions that the s3900s, 4365s, 4367s, and 1400 arrays are better...my gripe is that no one is going gaga over them or drooling over them...which leads me to believe they're not so hot...certainly my first impressions the first week i've had them suggested that...

i looked again...i can do it with the sale of the s4700s...i probably shouldn't sit on 'em too long before they go right down the toilet resale value wise.

yes i did. at the 2012 ces...the guy i bought it from has no storefront, just a little hole in the wall office in a wharehouse/commercial area.

Dave_72
10-04-2016, 07:12 PM
If you feel you got bitten by not knowing about or hearing your S4700 prior to purchase, why not just try a more powerful amp before you dismiss them? Why not find a Bryston dealer who will let you try one out? You're already a Bryston owner. I can't believe they'd expect you to pay over $10,000 for an amp without a test drive! Why not invite your local Bryston dealer to one of your Club events and let him prove what the 14B3 can do with your speakers? :dont-know:

great ideas. i mentioned trying the 14b3 earlier in this thread per the advice of the tech @ the harman luxury group to go for a more powerful amp. i told him i couldn't afford mark levinson, and he was ok with that. his name is tom, i believe...thanks for your suggestions, much appreciated.

ngccglp
10-04-2016, 10:29 PM
Hi,

any idea how much is the SUB18 going for?

RedCoat23
10-04-2016, 11:25 PM
Hi,

any idea how much is the SUB18 going for?

I believe retail is about $3250.00 or so.

audiomagnate
10-05-2016, 05:23 AM
A friend of mine who bought a pair has a tracking number as of yesterday afternoon.

audiomagnate
10-06-2016, 12:47 PM
Arrived today...ONE left speaker. Oh boy.

JeffW
10-06-2016, 12:59 PM

Who coulda seen THAT coming :D

audiomagnate
10-06-2016, 01:16 PM

Just come right out and say it. You know you want to.

Odd
10-06-2016, 01:34 PM
There always comes a lot of good sound from the left speaker.:)

Ed Zeppeli
10-06-2016, 02:03 PM

I'll bet you can't wait for the other left speaker to show.

Dave_72
10-06-2016, 02:12 PM
I'll bet you can't wait for the other left speaker to show.

all i can say is jbl cust. service told me they're a matched pair...

Ed Zeppeli
10-06-2016, 03:38 PM
all i can say is jbl cust. service told me they're a matched pair...

Yeah. Two Lefts.

audiomagnate
10-06-2016, 04:10 PM
Yeah. Two Lefts.

Worse. ONE left.

JeffW
10-06-2016, 04:25 PM
That the price was almost exactly half what I paid for an actual pair a couple of years ago (also off the JBL clearance website) sort of tipped me off. I'll see if I can find that thread, I might have posted the price I paid there.

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?30464-K2-S5800-and-K2-S9800SE-on-sale

4312Dleft=$389.36
right=$327.40

must be better drivers in that left one ???? :crying:

dprice
10-08-2016, 04:33 AM
Where's the popcorn?

jblnut
10-11-2016, 01:05 PM
Now I know why I don't hang around much any more. As a former and I guess current Moderator here I need to ask:

WTF is with the deleted posts ? If it was good enough to say in the first place, just leave the damn thing up so people who have a life and can't read each post the second you type it will have some idea what was said. If this was my site, I'd have yanked the "delete post" ability from some of you long ago.

Seriously...

jblnut

grumpy
10-11-2016, 01:35 PM
Did I miss something important?
(guessing no) ;)

Does make for some weird/hard to follow threads though.

JeffW
10-11-2016, 06:29 PM
I've been in the thread since it started and it's basically intact. Seawolf deleted a post right at the end, and there are some stream of consciousness posts on top of one another in there, but I'd say the thread is pretty much as it was.

Unless it's something that's gone down in the last few hours.

Ed Zeppeli
10-11-2016, 06:37 PM
Yeah I haven't noticed much missing either. Usually the giveaway is the quotes.

10 Watt Street
10-14-2016, 12:35 PM
I'd guess the JBL 4312D Pairs have made it to eBay. Same seller, one sold at $839 and another available at $999. Unsold at $1049.

www.ebayitem.com/191994634883 (http://www.ebayitem.com/191994634883)

www.ebayitem.com/191992367518

www.ebayitem.com/191990546995 (http://www.ebayitem.com/191992367518)

joeinid
10-22-2016, 05:04 AM
I bought a pair of 4312d's from the JBL site a few weeks ago. The price listed was $389.xx per pair. The following week, one speaker (the left) showed up. I called immediately and they apologized. There were not sure what happened but would try very hard to locate another (the right) speaker.

Thank you JBL. My right speaker showed up last week. Wow! what a score. I had a pair many years ago and sold them. Now I have a pair that cost $425 shipped. I was super fortunate.

Here is a photo of my original pair. I have to set up the new ones.

audiomagnate
10-22-2016, 06:05 AM
I bought a pair of 4312d's from the JBL site a few weeks ago. The price listed was $389.xx per pair. The following week, one speaker (the left) showed up. I called immediately and they apologized. There were not sure what happened but would try very hard to locate another (the right) speaker.

Thank you JBL. My right speaker showed up last week. Wow! what a score. I had a pair many years ago and sold them. Now I have a pair that cost $425 shipped. I was super fortunate.

Here is a photo of my original pair. I have to set up the new ones.

Congratulations. They did the same thing for a friend of mine, except he snagged two pair.

joeinid
10-22-2016, 06:07 AM
Nice. I was not smart enough to think ahead. I was hoping more would be available but am happy to have a replacement pair.

Congratulations. They did the same thing for a friend of mine, except he snagged two pair.

joeinid
11-25-2016, 10:34 PM
I'm loving my 4312D's. Finally hooked them up this evening. So happy I jumped on a pair when Dave mentioned the sale. Thank you Dave!!!!

JBL rocks!