PDA

View Full Version : 4430 Tribute project

landiepete
09-29-2016, 11:55 PM
Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum and I have embarked on a 4430 tribute project.

I have covered the horn necessities, but I would like to acquire good pair of authentic 2235h's, and am also interested in purchasing original filter networks, as long as they are complete with the attenuator panel.

It goes without saying I would prefer sensible prices. I live in Belgium, so shipping may be an issue.

If anyone wants to part with anything or knows of somebody who does please let me know. I DO have a plan B.

Thanks, Pete

honkytonkwillie
10-01-2016, 02:40 AM
Post a "Wanted To Buy" notice in the Lansing Marketplace forum. At least two members within the last year had some to offer. One member in particular has several pair.

I'm building a pair myself and will need some 2234 as well.

Crossover networks aren't easy to find, but I've seen one original set available in the $400 range. I decided to build a charge coupled pair and I'm nearing completion of the first prototype.

By far the most difficult part to find is the 30-ohm rheostat. The $16 green and white ones found on Amazon are pretty bad.

honkytonkwillie
10-01-2016, 02:46 AM
And welcome to the site! There's a lot of great people here with lots to share.

landiepete
10-01-2016, 11:20 AM
Thank you very much Mr. Willie sir. I've already been contacted through PM. Shipping to Belgium is a real bastard, as usual.

Peter