PDA

View Full Version : Got Wood?

2pair
12-05-2004, 01:55 AM
Hello All...
I saved a pair of L-75 from the trash years ago and am only now thinkng of putting them into regular service. They sound good as they are, very good,and apart from the LE8T's and PR8's beginning needing new foam, there is nothing at all wrong with the drivers. My problem is with the cabinets. They were being thrown out because they had been coverd with shag carpeting (it was the 70's) and they are coated with glue. Also at some time holes had been drilled for mounting hardware. Theyr'e trashed, in other words. The lattice grills have however survived in good shape. So what I'm wondering is does anybody have a nice pair of Minuet cabinets available? If not, if I were to have copies made could I still call them L-75 Minuet's or would they just be parts in a box?

Dave

boputnam
12-06-2004, 01:39 PM
Hey, Dave...

There some pretty smart guys on cabinetry here - you can Search to see the results of their work, and their suggestions. I'll bet those cabinets might be saved...

Seek out some stuff by "Audiobeer" (use Search / Advanced), or maybe send him an email / pm if he's not out here listening in...