PDA

View Full Version : Altec 605B Duplex Help

ryperry
07-19-2016, 04:23 PM
I just registered and I am a complete newbie. I am creating a retro vibe in my apartment and I came across these Altecs. While I have done a little research on these I am attempting to do my homework before I decide to keep or sell.

What I know Altec 605B Duplex
I haven't done anything but take them off of the wall of the place i acquired them.

Any info on value, anything i should or shouldn't do when checking them out.

If I do sell should I put them on ebay, craigslist, forums?
Sell separate or together?

Any help to this newbie would be appreciated!!

JeffW
07-20-2016, 06:55 AM
Looks like they are complete, I'd hook them up to a stereo and see if you like them. If you do, then keep them. If not, sell them. Completed eBay sales can be a place to start when determining what the market will bear, there have been a few projects with 605Bs around here, here's one of the more recent ones

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?33244-My-version-of-620-cabs-for-Altec-605B

Here's what Google turns up (copy and paste this into a Google search)

"Altec 605B" site:http://www.audioheritage.org/

I'm not an Altec buff, I think you have the Altec 612 Utility cabinets.

TEXAMPS
07-22-2016, 09:08 PM
Hi
I am trying to make these Altec 614 cabinets would you mind giving me a few measurements?

I can not seem to find a detail plan of the cab? I can sort out most of it just need a few dimensions if thats ok?

1. width of the TV front frame. size from outside edge to inside edge that makes the TV?
2. size of radius of the inside corners of the TV front?
3. Port size opening on baffel?
4. does the front TV use 3/4" Plywood like the rest of the cabinet?
5. Baffle size?
Thanks so much if you could help out.

Cheers

Tony

script56
07-23-2016, 05:55 AM
I know the 614 baffle is particle board / mdf not plywood.

ryperry
08-02-2016, 10:54 AM
been out of town, do you still need measurements

Hi
I am trying to make these Altec 614 cabinets would you mind giving me a few measurements?

I can not seem to find a detail plan of the cab? I can sort out most of it just need a few dimensions if thats ok?

1. width of the TV front frame. size from outside edge to inside edge that makes the TV?
2. size of radius of the inside corners of the TV front?
3. Port size opening on baffel?
4. does the front TV use 3/4" Plywood like the rest of the cabinet?
5. Baffle size?
Thanks so much if you could help out.

Cheers

Tony

gdmoore28
08-02-2016, 11:39 AM
been out of town, do you still need measurements

Yes, please. Not for me, but these utility cab measurements are hard to acquire. It would add to the available knowledge base. I see people asking for these dimensions quite regularly.

GeeDeeEmm

TEXAMPS
08-02-2016, 09:55 PM
Hi, yes still need the plans for the TV 614 cabinet. if possible thanks so much.

Tony