PDA

View Full Version : Jbl 4645c

gasfan
07-15-2016, 03:54 PM
Was wondering if I add damping, how much would effective volume be increased and if this would change tuning? TIA

Loud & Clear
07-18-2016, 07:16 PM
Was wondering if I add damping, how much would effective volume be increased and if this would change tuning? TIAThere is no doubt that stuffing the enclosure with batting will make the enclosure look larger to the woofer, how much I do not know... I would think it would change the tuning, even if slightly. Perhaps in a positive way. You might just go ahead with it, then test it. If you have two cabinets you can do an AB comparison, if not, perhaps some measurement with an spl meter and audio generator, plotting an octave graph before & after...

gasfan
07-19-2016, 03:17 AM
There is no doubt that stuffing the enclosure with batting will make the enclosure look larger to the woofer, how much I do not know... I would think it would change the tuning, even if slightly. Perhaps in a positive way. You might just go ahead with it, then test it. If you have two cabinets you can do an AB comparison, if not, perhaps some measurement with an spl meter and audio generator, plotting an octave graph before & after...

Thanks for responding. I do have two I want to use for 2ch. stereo. I've since found out there is insulation on the baffles and bottoms. May not need more from 80hz down.