PDA

View Full Version : The max SPL of JBL consumer speakers

johnhere
07-09-2016, 01:33 PM
Folks, do you guys know the max SPL (continuous, not peak) at 1m of JBL consumer speakers? The pro speakers often provide this, such as M2 is 117dB (continuous max SPL @ 1m) but I haven't find this specs about 1400 Array, S4700, 4365/67, 66/67000...

Joseph Smith Jr
07-09-2016, 02:03 PM
Folks, do you guys know the max SPL (continuous, not peak) at 1m of JBL consumer speakers? The pro speakers often provide this, such as M2 is 117dB (continuous max SPL @ 1m) but I haven't find this specs about 1400 Array, S4700, 4365/67, 66/67000...
Look in the tech sheets
Example:
http://manuals.harman.com/JBL/HOM/Technical%20Sheet/1400%20array%20ts.pdf

grumpy
07-09-2016, 02:06 PM
Perhaps 1) it's not important for typical consumer use, and 2) it would be confusing to most consumers as a real, useful answer is not standardized for consumer environments, nor is it a single number. Both of those systems are capable of driving you from a room at fairly low input power levels, with the possible exception of bass in quite large rooms.

what is it that you need to know?

Joseph Smith Jr
07-09-2016, 02:29 PM
Perhaps 1) it's not important for typical consumer use, and 2) it would be confusing to most consumers as a real, useful answer is not standardized for consumer environments, nor is it a single number. Both of those systems are capable of driving you from a room at fairly low input power levels, with the possible exception of bass in quite large rooms.

what is it that you need to know?
Don't feed the troll, besides the fact that I answerd his question (or took the bait) however you choose to view it. It's time for the wait and see part:
http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?38304-I-freaked-out!-Why-Everest-doesn-t-do-20Hz

Joe

1audiohack
07-09-2016, 02:31 PM
I just looked through my 4365 manual and it doesn't even tell you max power. 50-300 Watts recomended.

The math says 118dB SPL at 300 Watts but,,. I would have to dig for the 1400 manual bit if the power is the same they would be 6dB SPL less.

Barry.

grumpy
07-09-2016, 04:51 PM
I'm OK with my response.

There are others who read these threads and the consumer tech specs don't really answer the question (regardless of whether it's a useful question or not).

That said, the dual-fifteen systems listed will move more air. Someone in the market for systems at this level should be considering their listening preferences
and environment with a professional (someone who gets paid for responding to such queries). Bench racing is fun too, but the question needs some tuning.

Even if the question is just "what will play louder without blowing up?" there are so many caveats in answering such a seemingly simple question...

A first order response would indeed be a combination of sensitivity and power handling, and is where I intend to leave it to the reader
(where Barry was kind enough to do some of the homework :) )