PDA

View Full Version : New (to me) JBL L150 missing foam gaskets - does it make a difference?

gunnar075
05-16-2016, 05:49 PM
Hey everyone,

Might seem a bit trivial, but I just brought home a pair of L150's and one of them is missing foam gaskets on both the 128H and the passive radiator. The surrounds themselves are all fine, but I'm wondering if the gaskets are something I should throw on asap. I know you can get the 128 gaskets quite cheap, so I figure I might as well order some. I'm more curious as to wether there's a performance drop or risk of damage by playing without the gaskets.

Also, the passive radiator is missing one of the mounting screws so I'm wondering if anybody knows where a replacement can be found? I've been unable to find information on the threading - I assume that they use the same mounting screws on all speakers with the 128H?

Thanks in advance -

rdgrimes
05-16-2016, 07:41 PM
If you're talking about the gaskets on the outside of the flange - which holds down the surround - yes they *should* be there but its likely not the first time they were left off. As long as the surround is properly glued in they should be safe to use.
The screws are standard SAE size/thread machine screws, and you can find them at Lowe's or a cabinet shop. One reason that a screw might be missing is because the T-nut on the inside of the cabinet has fallen out. T-nuts can also be had at Lowe's. Best not to re-use t-nuts.

Photos would help!