PDA

View Full Version : LE8TH MTM small project

Flodstroem
05-16-2016, 01:59 PM
Hello folks!

Just finished a re-foam surround job on 4 LE8TH.
My fingers are way to large for such a job but some how it worked though..... Re-foaming 15 inchers is holiday compare to this :blink:
The plan is to build an MTM small system for my wall TV.........

But Im a little bit more serious than that, it will be a test system before starting with my large MTM system based on
2 x 15" + (M2 wg?) + 2405 (or 2421) inspired by the MAY project.

The LE8TH speaker will be installed in an ML-TL or a TL type of cabinet (ML-TL: Mass Loaded Transmission Line) but I havnt decided witch one to choose yet :p

The "T" speaker in the system will be a 2461, 2410 or 2421, including som type of wg, tractrix or similar horn

I have done som calculations based on Martin Kings work sheets. Many years ago I made a calculation based on the 8" 2115A speaker
and that was an ML-TL and that speaker is a damn good sounding speaker (full range). But later I built a N1200 (well, more a "N1500") x-over for to be able to use some old dome tweeter I had in stock..........
People who have listen to those speaker cant believe there was only one 8 inch speaker in the cabinets. :D

The calculations now are done with two LE8TH in parallel (4 ohmś). I couldnt print it in jpg only in pdf.
It looks like this:

The construction of the cabinets will not start before I have decided which one type of horn I would like to use. The horn will them be the guide for
how wide the cabinets could be.