PDA

View Full Version : How the Rolling Stones Created a Masterpiece with ‘Beggars Banquet’

SEAWOLF97
05-06-2016, 08:13 PM
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/05/07/how-the-rolling-stones-created-a-masterpiece-with-beggars-banquet.html?google_editors_picks=true

LowPhreak
05-08-2016, 10:34 AM
Great read about one of the greatest bands ever. I've always said that people will still be listening and studying the Stones, Beatles, and Dylan 300 years from now like we do today with the classical composers.

Unfortunately, I only got to see them once, in the 90s on the 'Bridges to Babylon' tour in Syracuse but it was pretty damned good. One of the funny parts was the lighting/camera guys happened to find then NY Gov. George Pataki in the seats and put him on the big screen behind the stage, when he was roundly booed and jeered damned near out of the place. :applaud: A GOP'er at a Stones gig? It made no sense but there he was.

Of course, Mick made one of his signature wise cracks in faux Cockney, "So good to see you, Guvnah...", then looked at Keef and said, "I s'pose we get all kinds in 'ere...roight?" Keef threw up his hands like 'Eh...WTF'. :D

It's only rock n' roll but I like it.