PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Jubal Glass Tops w/logo backings

gassy
11-29-2004, 02:46 PM
I've recently found a pair of Jubals, but they're missing the glass top and paper backing with logo's. Anyone know how hard these are to find? Is it possible to have the glass cut and then find the paper backings?
PM or email at [email protected] .
And thanks for any assistance!

majick47
11-29-2004, 08:17 PM
If all else fails you could have plate glass cut and apply a decal under the glass. I had plate glass made up for my L200b speakers and attached "etched glass" decals to the back of the plate glass. Found the decals on Ebay and they actually look quite decent. If interested I can look up the seller from England.

Don C
11-29-2004, 08:30 PM
I had some grey glass cut for a B-212 once, and it same out perfect. My local glass shop did it, it was about 20.00. I would just use some black construction paper underneath, and print a JBL logo on my computer to cut out and paste on. I think that the original was just a sheet of thin cardboard, covered with cloth and painted black.

JBL Dog
11-29-2004, 08:50 PM
I've recently found a pair of Jubals, but they're missing the glass top and paper backing with logo's. Anyone know how hard these are to find? Is it possible to have the glass cut and then find the paper backings?
PM or email at [email protected] .
And thanks for any assistance!
I had a local glass company make me a set that were an exact match to the JBL issued glass. The color Metropolitan Glass in Manchester, MO (636.391.8000) used was "solar grey". The glass is 1/4" thick and the dimensions are 12" x 16 13/16" (measure your own cabinets to be on the safe side).

IMO, the glass tops I had made were better than JBL's because the edges were rounded (beveled) and would not chip as easy. They cost about $35 a pair a few years ago.

I attempted to sell the copies on Ebay for a modest profit. I sold one set, but most of the potential buyers were making a big deal out of the fact I was having the tops made by someone other than JBL. Well, I can assure you that JBL contracted the glass for their speakers out to a local glass company. Secondly, if the color and dimensions are correct, what difference does it make.

Regarding the felt type black board under the glass, you can go to most craft stores and find something that will work. Make sure it is a thick as one of the metal JBL logos and have it cut the same size as the glass.

Good Luck!

This message comes from JBL Dog :band:

Don C
11-29-2004, 09:35 PM
Dog's post gave me another idea. A framing shop will have mat board that should work well. They can use their mat cutter to cut it square and to exactly the right size too. And they probably have it in black.

Robh3606
11-29-2004, 09:46 PM
I have one from my old Jubal center. It's a bit beat up is scrathed in a couple of places and the "felt" cardboard is missing some of the felt so I painted it black. It does have the logo:D If you want it send me a PM. It's just collecting dust.

Ooooh maybe I can ebay it as Mint!!!!

Rob:)

gassy
11-29-2004, 10:05 PM
I appreciate all the info. And I guess these are, for the most part, gone the way most glass goes - broken :eek: !

sonofagun
12-01-2004, 11:41 AM
I appreciate all the info. And I guess these are, for the most part, gone the way most glass goes - broken :eek: !
If worried about breakage, talk to your glass shop about getting tempered glass.

gassy
12-01-2004, 11:52 AM
If worried about breakage, talk to your glass shop about getting tempered glass.
I hadn't thought about that, son, so I may check it out. Thanks, and how's the health? Are you having further problems or do you think you're getting better?

gassy
12-01-2004, 11:55 AM
I have one from my old Jubal center. It's a bit beat up is scrathed in a couple of places and the "felt" cardboard is missing some of the felt so I painted it black. It does have the logo:D If you want it send me a PM. It's just collecting dust.

Rob, did you get my last PM?

sonofagun
12-01-2004, 11:58 AM
Different day/same problems but am following therapist's orders.

One day at a time :smthsail: .

gassy
12-01-2004, 12:06 PM
Good luck with it, and be sure to follow orders :) !

gassy
12-02-2004, 07:33 PM

Rob,
I'm leaving in the morning for the weekend, so if you attempt to contact me regarding this top glass, I'll get back to you as soon as I return.

Thanks again

gassy
12-05-2004, 08:53 PM

Rob, did you get my last PM with the information you'd requested :confused: ?

gassy
12-11-2004, 04:56 PM
ttt

speakerdave
12-11-2004, 05:14 PM
There's a pair on ebay now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5737561609&fromMakeTrack=true

gassy
12-11-2004, 05:38 PM
Thanks for the link, speakerdave :smthsail: !

gassy
01-10-2005, 02:54 AM
Robh3606,
I received your PM a few days ago and sent you a PM back saying that I did want yours since you're willing to give it up, but you don't seem to be getting my PM's when I send them to you.
PLMK either by PM(lol) or post to this thread.
Thanks for your cooperation!