PDA

View Full Version : How many of the 250ti Limited Edition were issued?

Primus
04-14-2016, 02:32 PM

ARIKIP
04-18-2016, 09:29 PM
Be interesting to see numbers for both the "Limited Edition" and the "Classic Edition" which i assume were the same speaker for 2 different markets? ie US and Europe?. On the subject of 250Ti numbers,it would be great to get numbers to the others as well ie Original 250Ti and Jubilee.

Primus
04-19-2016, 11:20 PM
Be interesting to see numbers for both the "Limited Edition" and the "Classic Edition" which i assume were the same speaker for 2 different markets? ie US and Europe?. On the subject of 250Ti numbers,it would be great to get numbers to the others as well ie Original 250Ti and Jubilee.

It would have been interesting to see the numbers of how many that were produced. I like the tweeter in the limted edition best! I have a friend who has the classic edition and I often compare the sound. But, of course, the difference is small. The Limited edition has a more crispy sound!!:)
Also, a Norwegian hifi forum claims that the the first 250`s are the best in overall sound quality. The forum says that classic edition and Jubilee were produced on license in Denmark - ment for the European market and were lighter and "ribbed" for Electronics. This is not my statement, but hifi forums in Norway give that information. I am also very happy to read that the bronze plate, on the backside of my Limited edition, was said to be the best Product JBL could offer. Since the name James B. Lansing is written in it`s full length.

Have a good listening day!
Play Yello and Boris Blank!! Their Music is meant for the 250ti`s

Primus.:applaud:

Odd
04-20-2016, 12:47 AM
Norwegian HI FI forum writes mostly about expensive cables and connectors.

Not much serious information to be found there.

Well sometimes you can find something interesting.

Primus
04-20-2016, 05:18 AM
Norwegian HI FI forum writes mostly about expensive cables and connectors.

Not much serious information to be found there.

Well sometimes you can find something interesting.

I see your point!! You have to be Critical, when reading such forums. But this forum is the best, regarding dependable info:D.

Primus.:applaud:

JeffW
04-20-2016, 08:16 AM
Here's something you might share with the Norwegians:

All 250 models were made in Northridge. All models had exactly the same enclosure dimensions and were built basically the same way. The woofer and mid bass were the same in all models. Only the 5" and tweeter changed. The best sounding model was the Jubilee and the weakest one was the original L250. From the 250Ti through to the Jubilee, this sonic difference was pretty small with each newer model sounding incrementally better. None of them had charge coupled networks, to my recollection.

it is true that there is a foam damping plug under the titanium dome. It does take a set after time and doesn't damp as well. Changing the plug usually brings the tweeter behavior back to original conditions. The biggest issue with the 250's is the failure of the woofer surround. If you can get the unit reconed or refoamed things go back to original. The LE 14-3 has a rubber surround which doesn't wear out. Although it uses a thicker frame, it will mount into the enclosure. The grille may or may not fit, however. The problem with this substitution is that the -1 woofer is about 1 dB lower in sensitivity. The LE 14H-4 is too loud by a dB.

The original L250 used first order crossovers with a lot of Zobel filters to true up the transducer impedance curves. Although a nice idea, the resulting sound was not as clear or detailed as all of the subsequent models. On those, I used a second order topology, but done differently than ever before. The sound was improved in clarity and detail. The 250Ti was the last of the series to use an in house built network. After that, we outsourced the networks from Taiwan since management closed down our network lines.

The Jubilee was the best sounding model by a little. It was just slightly smoother and a little more open than the previous model. We made 500 pairs which were ordered by and sold in Europe. I hope this helps a bit.

Primus
04-21-2016, 02:30 AM
I`ll show it to them!

As shown, I see that 500 copies of th Jubileeversion were produced, perhaps the numbers for the Limited Version are the same...:)

Primus.