PDA

View Full Version : SR 4722 1/4" speaker jack?

roadkingbluzs
04-09-2016, 12:21 PM
Hello forum members, I have a problem locating the 1/4" HF BI-Amp jack for the SR 4722. Perf board (PCB) mounted jack, 8 pin. Speaker was purchased with jack completely gone. Other solutions to accomplish same function welcomed. Trying to restore to original condition. This cab also needs the 2206, an EV was installed in its place :crying:. Any help would be appreciated. BTW, model # of jack seems useless for any search. thanks for any help!

roadkingbluzs
04-15-2016, 04:58 AM
If anyone has network parts for SR series please contact me. I need one 1/4" jack pc mounted .Thanks

grumpy
04-15-2016, 12:47 PM
Did you try looking up the spec sheet to get a part number and calling jblpro?

http://www.jblproservice.com/pdf/sr-series/sr4722.pdf

roadkingbluzs
04-17-2016, 01:35 PM
I will give it a try, specs. say part not sold separately, require complete network replacement. Can't hurt to call. Thanks

Mike Caldwell
04-18-2016, 05:50 PM
The switching 1/4 inch jacks in that series of SR cabinets caused problems after they got a little age on them.
A lot of people replaced them with speakon connectors and wired in a switch to select between full range and bi-amp operation.

If you only ever going to use the cabinet in either full range or bi-amp you can hard wire it to the speakon and forgo a switch all together.

roadkingbluzs
04-19-2016, 04:45 AM
Hey Mike thanks for the support and thoughts were along the line you have proposed. I just wanted to minimize the installation to one jack and not do a rebuild. I will research schematic for installation of speak-on and switch configuration. I am hoping someone still has that elusive Sr 1/4" jack. thanks again