PDA

View Full Version : MV Sound - Any Dealings?

daveschott
03-31-2016, 06:07 AM
Has anyone dealt with this company? I took a look one of their listings and corresponded with the contact person. I did not get a good vibe and probed a little deeper.

Unless someone can provide positive feedback or knows and can vouch for the proprietor, I would only deal with face-to-face.

http://www.mvsound.net/Products

JeffW
03-31-2016, 10:15 AM
Their "products" are all images lifted off the 'net. Their 4345 pair were lifted from this thread on this site

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?32020-JBL-4345-refurbished

Pure scammers.

4343 from a Japanese site

http://www.auduo-1.com/newgoods/I-J/JBL/4343AWX_002/4343AWX_002.html

Altec amps from a Soundbroker listing

http://www.soundbroker.com/a/listingview/matching-altec-lansing-350a-tube-amplifiers-pair/

If you use Chrome browser, just right click on any pic and choose "Search Google for Image", it doesn't take long to figure out where else the image is hosted. And with a little deductive reasoning, you can weed out the scammers pretty quickly. Another clue - the MV pics are sometimes stretched or squashed. He doesn't even know how to properly fit them into his format. And notice how the backgrounds are all different? If it was a business, the equipment would likely be displayed in a more consistent setting - not a natural rock wall here, a workshop there, that sort of thing.

daveschott
03-31-2016, 10:28 AM
Thanks Jeff. I had traced back the "sellers" written description to another source but was reluctant to call him out. When he wouldn't provide a street address I decided to ask around. Did you use a search engine to match the images or do you just have incredible recall :)

JeffW
03-31-2016, 10:30 AM
Check the edit ;)

Wagner
04-01-2016, 11:39 AM
Did you use a search engine to match the images or do you just have incredible recall :)
Uhhh, all you really need to do is actually LOOK at the "website" :bouncy:

I always start with the basics :yes:

Tennessee address but international phone "style" #? (I did not try it to see if it even worked)
Did search it, it only comes back to the "site's" various "pages" search results, hey, maybe that's clue! :confused: ;) :)
NONE of the links on the contact page are operable, including THEIR E-MAIL "address"............................and the BESTEST most FUNEST most GREATEST PART OF IT ALL!!!!????!!!!????...................this:
ABOUT MUSIC VIBE AND SOUND INC

Music Vibe and Sound Inc was established in 2002 with a clear commitment to the development of beneficial music in homes, schools, churches and the larger USA society. From that time, we have been involved in the burgeoning musical activities in the country.

Covering the whole of the Americas, Europe and Asia, we have grown to become the first ‘port of call’ for musical instruments, publications, recording music, equipments, accessories and services.

OUR VISION

“To be the benchmark of music and entertainment, delivery and promotion company accross the Americas, Europe and Asian countries that exceeds returns expectation of stakeholders and quoted on a best practice stock exchange”
CORE VALUES

Customer experience
Integrity
Team work
Entrepreneurship

OUR MISSION

“Promoting excellence in enabling music throughout Americas, Europe and Asia that creates unique value for our customers thereby guaranteeing their continued patronage and an outstanding reward to all our stakeholders.”

(but hey, maybe I shouldn't be so negative and skeptical and racist and, uh, like all that, maybe they're cool and all and stuff and stuff and I should be more like benefit of the doubts kinda stuff and things)
Maybe they're just getting good at reading and writing stuff in English and all?

I mean like I don't know, I mean, like what up with that?

:)​

Thomas

JeffW
04-01-2016, 02:52 PM
They claim to be from Elkton,Tennessee, not Texas - not that that changes anything. Still scammers.

And the phone number is a Tennessee area code, but most US companies would leave the +1 off. Not that that changes anything, either.

I'm surprised you didn't mention their hours of operation, 9AM to 21PM. Most US companies don't use 24 hour time, either :)

Wagner
04-01-2016, 03:00 PM
They claim to be from Elkton,Tennessee, not Texas - not that that changes anything.
Oops, thanks for the catch, corrected. Must have had Lyin' Ted on my mind! :)

As for the rest of it? The little details? Yeah! Lot's going on there, like the old Andrew Gold album cover That's what I meant by:
"Uhhh, all you really need to do is actually LOOK at the "website" :bouncy:"

Operative word here being "LOOK"............actually? (or?) :frantic: More fun that way; like a kiddie place mat with a little box of crayons..............:spin:

Thomas
:)