PDA

View Full Version : EON Power15 Weak Bass??

HemiMoparGuy198
03-19-2016, 05:15 PM
Hey Guys,

I realize this may sound a bit ridiculous to try asking on a forum, but I just wanted some input before I tear into the speaker to test individual components. I just bought a pair of used EON Power15. I got them all hooked up and they seem pretty weak on bass like the woofer is blown...but both sound that way, it seems a little unlikely that both would be blown at once, but then again, they were from Repocast, which is a website that mostly sells items that have been police seized, so there's no telling what they may have been through.

So mostly my question is, are these speakers prone to having weak bass? If they are, I think they may be fine. I live in a duplex and they neighbors are home right now, so I can't max them out, but I cranked them up pretty good to a few songs, then remembered the bass roll in Silverchair - Isreal's Son. So, being 15" woofers, it seems the doors should have been rattling through the house.

Any input will be greatly appreciated just so I have a couple ideas before I go swapping out drivers with known good drivers.

Thank You in Advance,

Eric

1audiohack
03-19-2016, 07:37 PM
Hell yeah they are. They were designed so a high school girl can carry one onstage in one hand and her guitar and mic in the other.

Did you look them up? 3dB down at 65 Hz. They are really only flat down to 100Hz.

As for the woofer, the frame is cast into the front face plate so there is no swapping woofers. It wouldn't matter, the voice coil is 2 Ohm so as to be able to ectract the whole 130 Watts from the 16 volt output LF amp so if you connected it to 4 or 8 Ohm driver you get a whole 64 or 32 Watt output.

Nearly every blown Eon woofer I have seen has left most of its voice coil wire in the gap and has a dead amp.

If they sound decent, just bass shy, then they are likely OK. Augment them with a sub or two and rock on.

Barry.

HemiMoparGuy198
03-19-2016, 07:48 PM
Thanks for the info. They do sound decent, just not even close to volume I figured they should considering the size of the drivers. I wonder if I should just clean them up and sell them (I paid $200 for them, no clue what kind of profit I may make). If these speakers don't hold their value very well, I'll keep them for workshop speakers where I just want noise and not too particular on sound quality.