PDA

View Full Version : JBL Olympus fretwork grille

homebrew
03-07-2016, 08:09 AM
Greetings. This is my first post to the forum so forgive me if this topic has been covered before.

I have a client who has been given a pair of late 60's Olympus loudspeakers with the intricate fretwork grille. One of the grilles has been damaged slightly. Is there any source (other than eBay) for replacements? If not, does anyone know of someone in So.Cal. who can repair the grille?

Wagner
03-07-2016, 09:58 AM
Greetings. This is my first post to the forum so forgive me if this topic has been covered before.

I have a client who has been given a pair of late 60's Olympus loudspeakers with the intricate fretwork grille. One of the grilles has been damaged slightly. Is there any source (other than eBay) for replacements? If not, does anyone know of someone in So.Cal. who can repair the grille?
Let your fingers do the walkin' and contact the asian or chinese furniture stores near you
Most do repairs but may not promote it (the ones near me anyway) here near San Francisco

Thomas

homebrew
03-07-2016, 02:19 PM
Let your fingers do the walkin' and contact the asian or chinese furniture stores near you
Most do repairs but may not promote it (the ones near me anyway) here near San Francisco

Thomas

Thanks for your suggestion. I may also try to make a mold out of wax or clay and filling it with epoxy or even yellow carpenter's glue.

Wagner
03-07-2016, 02:34 PM
Thanks for your suggestion. I may also try to make a mold out of wax or clay and filling it with epoxy or even yellow carpenter's glue.
Post a good picture of the damaged area if you are able
Part(s) missing or simply "broken"?

homebrew
03-07-2016, 06:10 PM
Post a good picture of the damaged area if you are able
Part(s) missing or simply "broken"?

I won't actually see the cabinets in the flesh until later this week. I'm only going by what the client told me. I'll get pics and post them after I actually see the cabinets in person.