PDA

View Full Version : BSS blu-100

hlaari
02-22-2016, 04:59 AM
I have a question
can I use BSS blu-100 with my Crown Studio Reference I and II for M2 monitor?

Ari

srm51555
02-22-2016, 06:26 AM
By using London Architect you can configure the unlocked file 4313B posted from the BLU-80 to the BLU-100. It will show the processor percentage meter at 100%, but I read awhile back that all BSS processors will work fine even at 100%. Those amps look to have plenty of power.

Thanks,
Scott

sebackman
03-01-2016, 10:49 AM
Hi Ari,

The BLU100 will be just fine. It is a fixed input/output device but you can add I/O by using the BLU link if you need. It is mainly tagged for the conferencing market with 12 fixed inputs and 8 outputs.

The BLU100-series tend to be a little higher priced in the secondary market. You can get a BLU160 for the same money and that has stronger DSP engine and a modular design. I think the separate cards in the BLU80/160/800 series may post slightly better data than the BLU100-series.

I use a BLU800 and a BLU80 for HT and the two channel system, albeit with digital input cards (no ADC).

For a 2-channel system like JBL M2 I would try to find a BLU50 that does have excellent data and a small footprint :-) . It is also a newer unit with newer circuitry.

From my experience there are many other DSP units that are very good, but in real life application the BSS's are hard to beat. In my wiev their SW algorithms are better sounding albeit the HW may not be absolute latest chips. -And the analogue implementation in the output cards is very quiet.

Kind regards
//RoB