PDA

View Full Version : Everest DD55000 picked up and on the way home.

wsilva
01-25-2016, 12:28 AM
Was finally able to buy a set of the DD55000 Everest. These things are impressive in person (BIG!)

Got them loaded up and we are on the way home, looking forward to giving them a first audition tomorrow :)

The cabinets have some water damage on the bottoms, but that will all be fixed in time.

1audiohack
01-25-2016, 01:08 AM
Super cool!!!

Those I have never heard so I for one am interested in what you think.

Barry.

bubbleboy76
01-25-2016, 02:25 AM
Cool!
I now learned what DD stands for: Defined Directivity.

audiomagnate
01-25-2016, 07:28 AM
So cool and seriously high tech looking. I never noticed the 2405 before.

grumpy
01-25-2016, 08:17 AM
what a great/fun find!

Lee in Montreal
01-25-2016, 08:17 AM
Nice find. Congrat on the purchase. ;-)

Ed Zeppeli
01-25-2016, 09:42 AM
Beautiful! Those are massive cabinets.

How did you come across them?

Warren

HCSGuy
01-25-2016, 12:08 PM
Great to see you got a pair - I know you were chasing some for quite a while! Maybe next time I'm down in CA I can stop by and take a listen:)

Doc Mark
01-25-2016, 12:58 PM
Hey, wsilva,

WOW!! What a wonderful find!!! Hearty congratulations on scoring them, and I, too, very much look forward to hearing your thoughts about them, once you get them up and running!! Many thanks for sharing your fantastic find here! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc

JuniorJBL
01-25-2016, 01:37 PM
Wow!! Those are extra cool!! Very large!!

Congrats to you!! :D

Valentin
01-26-2016, 12:18 PM
Nice catch

great congrats

JoeNelis
02-06-2016, 12:34 AM
Awesome to see you finally got a pair, you will not be disappointed they are simply stunning speakers. And getting very rare.

Congratulations !!!

joe.

wsilva
02-06-2016, 01:42 AM
Update.

I have listened to the Everest's for several hours at my shop, and I have to say they are stunning!

Several times I have had to back up the song I was playing when I had a "what the heck" moment, I am hearing details I have NEVER heard before in music I have been listening to for 30+ years.

The bass from the E-145 is also incredible, the best way I can describe it is that it is "fast and tight"

I will always enjoy my 250ti's, but the Everest are on a much higher level. I had lusted for a pair for a long time, it was a huge relief that they sound so good to me.

They are going to be with me for a long time, Heck they are big enough that maybe I will be buried in one :D

Hoerninger
02-06-2016, 04:14 AM
Thank you for sharing. :)
What about the stereo perspective?
I suppose the horns have a special impact considering direct and reflected soundwaves.

DavidF
02-07-2016, 03:47 PM
Update.

I have listened to the Everest's for several hours at my shop, and I have to say they are stunning!

Several times I have had to back up the song I was playing when I had a "what the heck" moment, I am hearing details I have NEVER heard before in music I have been listening to for 30+ years.

The bass from the E-145 is also incredible, the best way I can describe it is that it is "fast and tight"

I will always enjoy my 250ti's, but the Everest are on a much higher level. I had lusted for a pair for a long time, it was a huge relief that they sound so good to me.

They are going to be with me for a long time, Heck they are big enough that maybe I will be buried in one :D

Whew! Sounds like fun. When you have dwarfed a pair of 250tis, you do indeed have some big systems.

wsilva
02-08-2016, 08:54 PM
Thank you for sharing. :)
What about the stereo perspective?
I suppose the horns have a special impact considering direct and reflected soundwaves.

Unfortunately the space in my shop is very limited right now, so the DD55000's have been right next to each other as I listen to them.

I wont be able to try out the "defined directivity" until I get them in a bigger space :dj-party:

gtimbers
02-10-2016, 03:46 PM
OMG, somebody actually got a pair!!! I'm glad you got them home safely. They didn't look as tall as I remember unless you are 6'8" or so. Keep me in the loop as you move forward. We can definitely hot rod these things. I remember the bass being super fast and tight, they do dump around 50 Hz, but that is easy to fix with a properly integrated sub. These woofers won't like bass EQ. It is basically a bass guitar woofer that I modified for this system. It has about a 100 dB sensitivity. The woofer is all motor and very low mass which is why it is so quick They will work amazingly with a good tube amp. The low damping in the tube amp will complement the over damped bass character and give some apparent extension.

Have fun with these things, they are very rare.

BMWCCA
02-10-2016, 06:19 PM
OMG, somebody actually got a pair!!!
Greg,

Thanks ever so much for taking the time to make these awesome contributions. You really put the "Heritage" back in LH! :applaud:

wsilva
02-12-2016, 12:17 AM
"Keep me in the loop as you move forward. We can definitely hot rod these things."

How cool is that! :yes:

Thanks G.T.

bubbleboy76
02-12-2016, 02:05 AM

Very.

srm51555
02-12-2016, 07:12 AM
"Keep me in the loop as you move forward. We can definitely hot rod these things."

Thanks G.T.

It deserves some dancing bananas.

:banana::banana::banana:

And you thought you were lucky actually finding a pair here in the state. Congrats on finding them BTW.

gcarlberg
02-12-2016, 07:58 AM
Looks like this makes you the best candidate to host the 4th Heritage Awards event. :bouncy:

george

JoeNelis
02-13-2016, 05:20 PM
69872 you are so right greg!! vintage tube with the everest is simply magic to listen too.

OMG, somebody actually got a pair!!! I'm glad you got them home safely. They didn't look as tall as I remember unless you are 6'8" or so. Keep me in the loop as you move forward. We can definitely hot rod these things. I remember the bass being super fast and tight, they do dump around 50 Hz, but that is easy to fix with a properly integrated sub. These woofers won't like bass EQ. It is basically a bass guitar woofer that I modified for this system. It has about a 100 dB sensitivity. The woofer is all motor and very low mass which is why it is so quick They will work amazingly with a good tube amp. The low damping in the tube amp will complement the over damped bass character and give some apparent extension.

Have fun with these things, they are very rare.

a_fossen
02-16-2016, 02:21 AM
Their ok speakers, not so rare here in the north europe, the tall speakers standing in the midle is infinity QLS-1 these are more rare here in norway. I also use tubes on them, and they sound big.

Aquaplas
02-25-2016, 08:03 AM
Hi Warren,

I just moved to Santa Clara! I would love to hear those sometime.

I too have many JBL's here in Silicon Valley.

808-723-4434

Thanks,

Shane