PDA

View Full Version : changing foam woofer JBL 200 XPL

blues 66
01-02-2016, 07:21 AM
:)
Hello, I wanted to know when it should be done, changing foam woofer JBL 200XPL
Having, had a chance to listen to them, which I would buy them I have some questions for you!
Unfortunately, I noticed that the foam gasket woofer, touch seems to be a bit soft.
In addition, there is a crack on Foam Upholstery furniture where they lodge satellites + Tweeter Midrange, if I place a photo.
ECCO ; http://www.bitaudioworld.it/attachment.php?attachmentid=5768&d=1447014587
for the woofers since; their son Terry Foam think?! which, in the view appear in order; or ... I am not sponge march, oh with holes !!
No !! They do not have anything.
MI chiesevo if --- "?"
I am just like that?
or sponge should be tougher?
thank you

Coolness
01-07-2016, 08:40 AM
Post some pics and it will help. I have XPL 160's and replaced the foam once I received them just to know the age/condition. Also, one had a small tear and I wanted both foam's to be the same age. Incidentally it's a very easy job.

gferrell
01-07-2016, 06:29 PM
If the speakers are good replacing the foam is no big deal. If you have a chance to buy them at a good price you cant go wrong. Hurry and buy them! They are rare and excellent speakers.

Coolness
01-12-2016, 02:08 PM
@gferrell - Beautiful family of XPLs! How did you find them all?!?!

If the speakers are good replacing the foam is no big deal. If you have a chance to buy them at a good price you cant go wrong. Hurry and buy them! They are rare and excellent speakers.