PDA

View Full Version : Is this an original LE5?

JesperSteen
12-22-2015, 06:25 AM
Hi

I've just found these two midrangespeakers from a JBL Jubal. The one to the right with the inverted dustcap has got the stamp LE5-5, and is definetely an original. But I'm quite more uncertain about the one to the left side. Is it original or maybe an aftermarket replacement-unit. Can you guys help me?
The dustcap is not inverted, the basket is 3-4 mm 'taller' than the LE5-5, and the connections seems to be a bit different and made in copper. But it has the same cone and paper-structure and the number stamped on the innerside of the cone (29938) is also the same. And in all other aspects it seems to be the same. It fits perfectly in the Jubals and I can't recognize any difference in the sound.
I got them allmost for free as spareparts, so the problem isn't that big - but my curiosity is...;-)

cheers

JesperSteen
12-22-2015, 07:41 AM
here is one more photo, where its easier to see the slight difference, Its the 'odd' one to the right in this particular photo. (and the opposite on the photos in the first post).

cheers

script56
12-23-2015, 06:58 AM
Looks like maybe le5-2 top end with later ferrite magnet. And someone changed terminals. Just a guess. Dust cap looks not original.