PDA

View Full Version : Baffle cut-out for 115H-1?

Doc Mark
12-07-2015, 08:32 AM
Greetings,

Just a quick question, if I may? What is the size baffle hole cut-out for the JBL 115H-1 transducer? I can't find any info on that little guy, and want to know BEFORE I strip the drivers out of some small satellite speakers I made back around 1980. If the 115-H1 will not easily fit into those cabinets, then I'll be changing direction in my ideas about this system. Thanks, very much, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc

Odd
12-07-2015, 08:49 AM
Hi Doc

115H-1 cut-out

148 millimeters =
5.82677165 inches

Doc Mark
12-07-2015, 09:31 AM
Good Morning, Odd,

Excellent! That's just what I wanted to know. Many thanks, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc

rdgrimes
12-07-2015, 09:57 AM
I have a hole saw I bought for a the same drivers. It's marked as 152mm and worked fine.

Doc Mark
12-07-2015, 11:05 AM
Hi, RD,

Thanks, very much! I'll see what I have on hand, as far as hole saws go, and then proceed as works out best. Thanks, again, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc

Doc Mark
12-07-2015, 11:00 PM
Evening, All,

It's funny how things turn out, sometimes! I still want to retrofit my old satellite speakers into a JBL project, and have the goodies necessary to make it happen, for the most part. But, today, I was looking for another small part for that project, when I found a Gentleman who was offering a pair of JBL L20T speakers, minus the tweeters, but otherwise complete, including the grills, and they looked to be in fairly good condition. I did a "Buy it Now" on eBay, and got them for just $85!! I'm stoked, as I have the proper tweeters already, here at home! Nice to find a pair of L20T's that can be upgraded (as I have the L20T-3 crossovers), and made whole again when I add the 035Ti tweets that are downstairs in the Hobbit Hole!! I will now have something to compare to my project speakers, and if they turn out well, then I'll have TWO pairs of nice mini-monitors! May our dear departed friends, Zilch, and Johnaec smile when looking down to see this happening!! Their thread about Mini Monitors is what primed my pump to mess with this, in the first place. I have to smile, too, just thinking about it, and about those two stellar Gentlemen! I miss them both, and a others who have gone to the great beyond, quite a bit. Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc