PDA

View Full Version : S3100 - several setup of JBL speakers for each cases - Hendik Sound

Bernard Wolf
11-26-2015, 10:50 AM
Thought some of you might get a kick out of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8r8dG9bgTQ

Kind of makes you wonder how knowledgeable these folks really are. I didn't mean to be as snippy as I was in my response to finding this on offer. I was more referring to the posts and concerns about audio quality.. but sheesh.. at least set them up the right way around!!

Bernard

jpw
11-26-2015, 10:57 AM
I was unfamiliar with this speaker but I see what you mean in the video.
Regarding the radiation pattern being wrong the way they are setup, it's kind of like wearing a left shoe on your right foot!

HCSGuy
11-26-2015, 02:00 PM
When I bought my 3100's, they were setup similarly - backwards:(

Bernard Wolf
11-26-2015, 04:40 PM
They must sound rather strange that way. I wonder what a Everest would even look like set up like that.. very spacey sounding too, I imagine :crying:.

HCSGuy
11-27-2015, 12:04 AM
They must sound rather strange that way. I wonder what a Everest would even look like set up like that.. very spacey sounding too, I imagine :crying:.

In my case, it was a little odd as I couldn't really hear how the speakers sounded, and didn't want to argue with the owner about which way they were supposed to go. However, as they were both next to side walls, it definitely didn't sound right - lots of sound off the side walls, and very little center fill. However, the frequency balance straight on was OK so I took a chance and bought them anyway - sounded much better when I got them home.

Wagner
12-02-2015, 10:37 AM
Thought some of you might get a kick out of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8r8dG9bgTQ

Kind of makes you wonder how knowledgeable these folks really are. I didn't mean to be as snippy as I was in my response to finding this on offer. I was more referring to the posts and concerns about audio quality.. but sheesh.. at least set them up the right way around!!

Bernard
It is "Kenrick Sound", not "Hendik" as in "KEN" + "RICK" = "KenRick"

As for what they REALLY "know"? I've seen a few things with them too (work shop videos mainly) that have definitely made me wonder, "ooo wee what's up with that, what's up with that?"
I do know they seem to know how to make money

Even on the crummy demo video you can hear it's not right as the guy doing the video pans from side to side
I seriously doubt anyone is going to make a buying decision at this level based on one of these videos; I mean we can also discuss where that couch is too, think it might be just a little bit too close?

I think the purpose of these videos is more to show off cosmetics and condition than sound; the fact that he argued back at you, albeit it mildly, proved your point............

You are right as to placement and you called them out on it on youtube; who cares?