PDA

View Full Version : 25 Hz Bump Filter for "Sovereign IV" Subs

geowal3
11-14-2015, 10:22 AM
Have recently completed a pair of 2245 subs based on the Kramer/Timbers article "New Lows in Home-Built Subwoofers", trimmed out in oak with moulding profiles copied from my Sovereign I's and finished to match. I have dubbed them "Sovereign IV Subwoofers" :) (The dog box on top of the Sov I is a 2123 low mid - making this a five way system with active crossovers)

I am now trying to build 25 Hz "Bump filters" per the schematic posted by 4313B in the "BX63 replacement" thread from 2003. I have the parts for the project, but am stumped on how to connect XLR inputs and outputs to the circuit - being ignorant of electronics.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

grumpy
11-14-2015, 01:20 PM
Assuming you have balanced gear you would like to connect to an unbalanced DIY BX63(a) ...
custom cable that connects XLR pin (+) to RCA center pin and XLR ground to RCA shield (and vice versa in the other direction is probably the simplest. There are other options that may work as well or better depending on your equipment. Google is your friend.

Nice, complementary sub implementation :)

ivica
11-15-2015, 04:41 AM
Have recently completed a pair of 2245 subs based on the Kramer/Timbers article "New Lows in Home-Built Subwoofers", trimmed out in oak with moulding profiles copied from my Sovereign I's and finished to match. I have dubbed them "Sovereign IV Subwoofers" :) (The dog box on top of the Sov I is a 2123 low mid - making this a five way system with active crossovers)

I am now trying to build 25 Hz "Bump filters" per the schematic posted by 4313B in the "BX63 replacement" thread from 2003. I have the parts for the project, but am stumped on how to connect XLR inputs and outputs to the circuit - being ignorant of electronics.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi geowal3,

Nice wood-work can be seen, but from the acoustic point of view I can imagine a lot of problem, but if You have a laaaarge room, tha can be solved.
I wish You a good luck and enjoyment.

reagrds
ivica