PDA

View Full Version : upgrading the C60 Sovereign S8R

aaronz28
11-11-2015, 06:40 PM
I know this has been asked before - but i'm curious.....

i just rebuilt my C22 Preamp and MC240 (stiffened up the power supplies and upgraded the rectifiers) and they really sound wonderful.

I had bases built for my Sovereigns that elevate them about 8" and tilt them up a few degrees - MADE A HUGE DIFFERENCE TO THE LISTENING EXPERIENCE.

Some time ago, i read about people using Bruce Edgar's horn on the 375, i've also heard of people swapping out the 375 and 075 for other models - and i can't seem to put my hand on any of that - i' recall reading and i recapped the crossovers - but other than bringing hem back in spec and bypassing the l-pad, i don't think i "upgraded" in any way

does anyone have any specific recommendations that I can do to bring these guys to a new level of fidelity? i'd be interested in swapping out the 375 and 075 if there was something better - not to mention upgrades to the horn, or lens - (what about that fancy gold lens??) etc.

I just don't want to part with them, but would like to make them as awesome as possible.

yggdrasil
11-12-2015, 12:23 AM
The next step would be to design and build new crossovers.

Other changes are more intrusive, in which case, you could just as well start from scratch.

aaronz28
11-12-2015, 06:24 AM
The next step would be to design and build new crossovers.

Other changes are more intrusive, in which case, you could just as well start from scratch.

unfortunately, i don't have the technical facility to design my own crossovers - -

i have run these bi-amped with an external crossover with excellent results - and would consider doing that again - but alas, i don't know enough about the slopes and what type of crossover i should even consider - when I last did it - it was with a DJ crossover - and the results were ok - but anytime you add electronics to a signal chain, you loose fidelity - so i was hoping not to do that.

thanks