PDA

View Full Version : 115h-1 + 2404h?

Doc Mark
11-01-2015, 10:58 AM
Greetings, All,

A while back, I asked about getting a good JBL 6 1/2" driver to replace the aging Peerless woofers in a small sub/sat system I made, many years ago. Whilst I know there are more modern and better choices than a DYI, I still would like to upgrade my old satellite speakers, with better drivers.

I wonder if the 115H-1 work work with the 2404H baby butt tweeter? I would cross this combination at 3KHZ, and pad down the tweeter as needed. My old sat enclosures are sealed, but it would be easy to port them to work with the 115H-1 woofers. Please let me know what you think about this combination. I'm doing this just for the fun factor, and to update some speakers that have sentimental value to me, and I harbor no illusions that I will be creating something that will be "better" than getting some of the excellent small bookshelf systems that JBL has offered over the years. But, I'm hoping that this will be much better than what I began with, and that the JBL transducers will sound better than the old Peerless offerings.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, or suggestions, on this, and HUGE thanks to Greg for having send me the 2404H tweets (one pair for stage monitors, and another pair for a project like this)!! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc

Doc Mark
11-01-2015, 12:14 PM
Greetings,

Casting about on the web, I found this very interesting thread here at LH! I very much enjoyed reading it, and seeing how it all turned out in the end.

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?10038-Mini-DIY

Take care, and God Bless!

Doc

Doc Mark
11-02-2015, 07:28 AM
Morning, All,

Moving right along, I found a pair of L20T-3 crossovers on "the bay" and bought those yesterday. As I already have the enclosures, which I built many years ago, and the 115H-1 and 2404H drivers, plus a pair of 035TiA tweets, I'm thinking that this update of my old satellite speakers may actually come to pass. I'll post further updates as they occur, and some photos, if it all turns out as I hope it will. Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc

P.S. Reading that old tread about doing this very thing, is what gave me the impetus to continue with this project! Zilch and Johnaec (may they both rest in peace!) lit the fires on this one for me, and I'm happy to have found their experimental work, and the work of others, in making similar systems!!! I miss them both here at LH!!