PDA

View Full Version : JBL 200 XPL Vs ./ Altec Stonhenge I A 819

blues 66
10-24-2015, 10:16 PM
Hi all ,:) being Italian I apologize now for my English! pardon
would change the speakers ... but ?! I'm not sure .:confused:
I am a happy owner of Altec's Stonehenge the 819-A, piloted gives a Final ( Power Amp ) Eam Lab TO 3.8 , is a 200 W x2 channel.
the sound that comes out of the speakers is very good, and although it may be around in the new honestly, today I struggle to find well sounding speaker at Altec level ... but something is missing, however.
Something I found in a ' listening JBL XPL 200 (unfortunately not in my house, the seller is afraid that being scratched in shipping , oh, ruined) ... that being a 4-way, besides having more information from their greater harmonic expression.

Now come the QUESTION concerns;
It's not that those tweeter and Titanium Mid I'll have a little high?
more annoying having the Bass-reflex, you say that I might have a low range returns?
behind the wall of listening than I could detach from the wall? 30/40 Cm? (30 cm 0.984252 feet)

the environment in which listening is the daughter's room a 20 Mq .
Thank you
mauro

BMWCCA
10-25-2015, 09:39 AM
You'll love the XPL200A. I wish I had a pair of those but they are very difficult to find even here in the USA.

I'd love to hear a pair and compare to the 250ti in the same room. :applaud:

blues 66
10-25-2015, 01:16 PM
You'll love the XPL200A. I wish I had a pair of those but they are very difficult to find even here in the USA.

I'd love to hear a pair and compare to the 250ti in the same room. :applaud:

Hi, BMWCCA ;)
I did not understand what you had? if the Altec or JBL
If I understood well, Altec Vs. 200 JBL XPL? :):)

would love me too!
the problem is that the shopkeeper lets try apples (not I give you, you know! If you tell me that the shopkeeper is a artful dodger :p)
... but assessed the Altec Stonhenge 819 to 600 euro , here in Italy it's not like there in america ... :bouncy::)
the XPL 200 I heard in the store, and as I have written, more info in suono.qui in Italy there is a proverb that says, ' If, good morning, ' and in fact to me son liked them !! :D
the problem is, my room which I

BMWCCA
10-25-2015, 03:58 PM
Hi, BMWCCA ;)
I did not understand what you had? if the Altec or JBL
If I understood well, Altec Vs. 200 JBL XPL? :):)

would love me too!
the problem is that the shopkeeper lets try apples (not I give you, you know! If you tell me that the shopkeeper is a artful dodger :p)
... but assessed the Altec Stonhenge 819 to 600 euro , here in Italy it's not like there in america ... :bouncy::)
the XPL 200 I heard in the store, and as I have written, more info in suono.qui in Italy there is a proverb that says, ' If, good morning, ' and in fact to me son liked them !! :D
the problem is, my room which I

I do not own either, though I do have over a dozen JBLs. I've heard the XPL-200A and was very impressed and I do have other 4-way JBLs such as the L7, L5, 250ti, and 4345. I've not heard the Stonehenge series personally but I've heard opinions of them from others I do respect and they were not that flattering compared to larger JBL systems and even other Altecs. What does the XPL-200 cost in Europe? The last pair of 819s sold on Ebay brought $449 here after over three months of listings. :dont-know: