PDA

View Full Version : Westlake BBSM12 with JBL Replacements

roadkingbluzs
10-23-2015, 08:06 AM
Hello again to all. I have acquired a pair of Westlake BBSM 12's with bad surrounds. Has anyone replaced the woofers with direct drop in JBl's. I will try and refoam later as funds permit. I will be contacting Westlake later, but would love to hear these cabs come live. Any help suggestions appreciated. I will be taking dia. measurements today. Thanks

roadkingbluzs
10-25-2015, 10:41 PM
I will be doing repairs near future. Take a look at the surrounds. One needs to wear a back brace to lift these. :crying: I was not in the market but felt these do not come up for sale locally in this condition very often so I committed, thinking they would be sold before seller returned a call. Well here we are.
I do have help on the way for the resto. I will let you know the outcome. I know there are much smaller monitors that are used in great productions, but I feel fortunate and privileged to be able to restore such nice monitors. The serial numbers are in the 480's. Cabinet condition I would say to be an 8. Hope you enjoy pixs.

Lee in Montreal
10-25-2015, 11:45 PM
Could you simply refoam those four 12" ?

grumpy
10-26-2015, 03:40 PM
http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?22496-Westlake-BBSM-12&p=223603&viewfull=1#post223603

roadkingbluzs
10-26-2015, 07:07 PM
Could you simply refoam those four 12" ?

That is the game plan, I just need to take the time to send these to edgewound. He will be doing the honors. I would never trust myself on such nice drivers.
He will do thorough testing of all drivers including mid & hi. Cheers

Lee in Montreal
10-26-2015, 07:20 PM
That is the game plan, I just need to take the time to send these to edgewound. He will be doing the honors. I would never trust myself on such nice drivers.
He will do thorough testing of all drivers including mid & hi. Cheers

You are in good hands with edgewound ;-)

Lee

baldrick
10-27-2015, 05:14 AM
http://www.audax-speaker.de/index.php?module=shop_articles&index%5Bshop_articles%5D%5Baction%5D=details&index%5Bshop_articles%5D%5Bdata%5D%5Bshop_articles _id%5D=110&lang=en

roadkingbluzs
10-27-2015, 02:27 PM
http://www.audax-speaker.de/index.php?module=shop_articles&index%5Bshop_articles%5D%5Baction%5D=details&index%5Bshop_articles%5D%5Bdata%5D%5Bshop_articles _id%5D=110&lang=en
Thank you for the info. We will go refoam route first, if they check out ok. Removing drivers from cabs today. Hope to meet up with Ken (edgewound) sometime tomorrow.:D

badman
11-10-2015, 05:48 PM
Thank you for the info. We will go refoam route first, if they check out ok. Removing drivers from cabs today. Hope to meet up with Ken (edgewound) sometime tomorrow.:D

When moving the drivers, be sure to short the terminals- it'll help keep the somewhat unsupported (due to crumbly foam) edge from bouncing around and scraping the coil. Not a huge thing but every bit of caution helps.

roadkingbluzs
11-11-2015, 07:53 AM
When moving the drivers, be sure to short the terminals- it'll help keep the somewhat unsupported (due to crumbly foam) edge from bouncing around and scraping the coil. Not a huge thing but every bit of caution helps.
Did take some precautions. I have not heard from Ken yet, but should be anytime soon. :D I will be relocating in the near future and will need home studio setting for these. Will post pixs after installation of drivers into cabs. Thanks