PDA

View Full Version : Another LE15A question

tjm001
10-21-2015, 08:17 AM
In a previous post I stated I was going to use my LE15As in a L300-like enclosure. I realize that LE15As are usually mounted with those 4 cast black clamps. My question is whether there would be any problem mounting them with screws through the holes on the rim like the 136As? Thanks.

Mr. Widget
10-21-2015, 09:09 AM
They can be mounted with sturdy bolts. The clamps are not necessary. Realize the speakers are quite heavy.

Widget

tjm001
10-21-2015, 10:41 AM
Thank you Mr. Widget. The enclosures are coming along quite well. I will post an update w/pictures soon. I will also have more questions about porting, crossovers, grill dimensions and shapes, etc.

Tom

Wagner
11-03-2015, 02:18 PM
Thank you Mr. Widget. The enclosures are coming along quite well. I will post an update w/pictures soon. I will also have more questions about porting, crossovers, grill dimensions and shapes, etc.

Tom
Don't over torque them, just snug is good (turn the screw until it stops, then just enough so that you couldn't remove it by hand but ALMOST), AND in a criss-cross pattern

Beeswax on machine and wood screws helps too for nice even snugging and reducing particle board/MDF strip outs