PDA

View Full Version : Jbl-3107

Vahe Sahakian
10-20-2015, 03:39 PM
I have a DIY 4350’s in vertical orientation, had it for a long time.
I am thinking of having the crossovers upgraded, these are JBL-3107’s and are at least 30 years old.
I am located in Houston Texas, I will probably need to send these to West Coast for upgrading. A friend recommended “Orange County Speaker” in LA, I checked their website, they do crossover service including “Crossover Cap and Coil Upgrades”.
Hoping to find a shop/person sufficiently familiar with these JBL-3107 crossovers to know exactly what needs to be done.
Your comments and suggestions would be much appreciated.

Vahe

speakerdave
10-20-2015, 04:58 PM
I have a DIY 4350’s in vertical orientation, had it for a long time.
I am thinking of having the crossovers upgraded, these are JBL-3107’s and are at least 30 years old.
I am located in Houston Texas, I will probably need to send these to West Coast for upgrading. A friend recommended “Orange County Speaker” in LA, I checked their website, they do crossover service including “Crossover Cap and Coil Upgrades”.
Hoping to find a shop/person sufficiently familiar with these JBL-3107 crossovers to know exactly what needs to be done.
Your comments and suggestions would be much appreciated.

Vahe

Would need to know the details of the components you used, including the diaphragms in your treble compression drivers, but it could be that the greatest sonic improvement would come from building charge coupled versions of the 3155 replacement circuit you will find in these forums. The 3107's are rare and command some money in the used JBL market. You would lose that if you modify them.

Vahe Sahakian
10-20-2015, 06:42 PM
The 3107's are rare and command some money in the used JBL market. You would lose that if you modify them.

I am not planning any modifications to these 3107’s, I am assuming that these crossovers being as old as they are perhaps some of the components such as caps need to be replaced. I am not handy at all when it comes to electronics and that is why I asked for recommendations for a place that would be qualified for such a job.

Vahe