PDA

View Full Version : LX10.crossover

PLHE
10-20-2015, 03:02 AM
:confused: I hope i can get some help on this forum! I am trying to upgrade a pair of lancer 99 (i have had them for nearly 40 years) to lancer 101.
so i have to build LX10.from scratz.i have found the schematic even with a partlist but about the coil i am not sure.The value is 0.9 mH but what about the DCR? i think it is a iron core, but not sure if so, and if it is hard to find,can i then use an aircoil?
if the DCR is not exactly the right value,will this be a problem? or can i just go for the lowest value?
best regards Per.
sorry for my english and spelling.

Mannermusic
10-20-2015, 08:42 AM
:confused: I hope i can get some help on this forum! I am trying to upgrade a pair of lancer 99 (i have had them for nearly 40 years) to lancer 101.
so i have to build LX10.from scratz.i have found the schematic even with a partlist but about the coil i am not sure.The value is 0.9 mH but what about the DCR? i think it is a iron core, but not sure if so, and if it is hard to find,can i then use an aircoil?
if the DCR is not exactly the right value,will this be a problem? or can i just go for the lowest value?
best regards Per.
sorry for my english and spelling.

The approx. rule of thumb for X-over inductor resistance is < .6 ohms. Lower is better. An 18ga .9 mH aircoil will get you .46 ohms according to my data - so that's a starting point. Welcome to the forum!

PLHE
10-20-2015, 12:29 PM
The approx. rule of thumb for X-over inductor resistance is < .6 ohms. Lower is better. An 18ga .9 mH aircoil will get you .46 ohms according to my data - so that's a starting point. Welcome to the forum!

thanks for the answer,it helped me a lot.i will bay some Jantzen aircoil 16 ga 0.39ohm.and startup my project again.
best regards Per.